Doncaster Scouts. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Doncaster Scouts.

Apr 7, 2010
plympton
Apprantley on Doncasters main Forum they had scouts at the Sheff Wed vs Argyle game yesterday looking at a Plymouth player. Somebody said it was Romain Larrieu but on another post someone said Joe Mason.
Not sure it there's any truth in this but just heard it from a friend. Who is a Donny supporter.

B

bizzay1

I think that there would be better offers to/for Joe than from donny, if he continues the way he is, and that is said with no disrespect whatsoever toward donny rovers

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Ipswich supposed to be in for Billy Sharp so the Mason rumour would have legs

Also Sullivan is on his last legs and the young lad they have in on loan has made a few errors so Larrieu on a freebie may also be a possibility

This administration needs sorting because the vultures are circulating

Aug 7, 2010
Mase had the passion for Argyle to turn down Swindon and i think he would still have the passion to turn down Doncaster aswell...at least until the seasons over.

Feb 29, 2008
Surely the players are still under contract to Plymouth Argyle? The board has been replaced by an administrator that is all.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Jenkins":3bsvz77r said:
Mase had the passion for Argyle to turn down Swindon and i think he would still have the passion to turn down Doncaster aswell...at least until the seasons over.

Rumour has it he turned down Swindon because it was Swindon, not because he wouldn't leave Argyle. Not saying Donny would be the right team either but some team will be.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
joe mason is destined for the premiership. i want no less than £5 million pounds for him plus add-ons for appearances, international debut etc etc. i rate him very highly.

Apr 1, 2009
king tynan":1yv3mtp5 said:
joe mason is destined for the premiership. i want no less than £5 million pounds for him plus add-ons for appearances, international debut etc etc. i rate him very highly.

Genuinely interested why £5 million? Is this just a figure plucked out of the air or based on comparing with other recent transfers? When did a Prem team last spend anything remotely like that figure for a L1 or L2 player?

I do rate Mason but am always mystified when figures like this are attached to players. I very much hope I'm wrong, but I think you are going to be disappointed. I think for a Prem team to pay that up front for a lower league youngster he has to be absolutely exceptional - Chamberlain at Southampton for example. Mason, whilst a very good prospect, is not of the same ilk.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
xmastree":2okkaofx said:
king tynan":2okkaofx said:

Genuinely interested why £5 million? Is this just a figure plucked out of the air or based on comparing with other recent transfers? When did a Prem team last spend anything remotely like that figure for a L1 or L2 player?

I do rate Mason but am always mystified when figures like this are attached to players. I very much hope I'm wrong, but I think you are going to be disappointed. I think for a Prem team to pay that up front for a lower league youngster he has to be absolutely exceptional - Chamberlain at Southampton for example. Mason, whilst a very good prospect, is not of the same ilk.
i did pluck that figure out of the air to illustrate how highly i rate him. he is very young but, ahead of his time in my opinion. he is much better than bwp,again, in my opinion.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
king tynan":lj7v9agk said:

:lol:

If we stay in league 1 we may have a minuscule chance of getting somewhere near £1million, especially if Mason keeps up his good form.If however we end up in league 2 we will struggle to match the £300k we were offered before.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tavypilgrim":1vsmrm4o said:
king tynan":1vsmrm4o said:

:lol:

If we stay in league 1 we may have a minuscule chance of getting somewhere near £1million, especially if Mason keeps up his good form.If however we end up in league 2 we will struggle to match the £300k we were offered before.
what do you mean if ? :) we are staying up. i am ever the optomist

Jan 28, 2010
Plymouth
i did pluck that figure out of the air to illustrate how highly i rate him. he is very young but, ahead of his time in my opinion. he is much better than bwp,again, in my opinion.

I feel a song coming...

He's better than Brad,
He's better than Brad,
Argyles' Joe Mason,
He's better than Brad.

:)

G

Green Goblin

No matter where we play next season, there are clubs who will be interested in a player like Joe Mason. At this early stage of his career, he will unfortunately be sold cheaply if we are unable to keep him.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
king tynan":1aoida41 said:

Bit harsh KT ?
When you take your 5 million 'snot gonna leave a lot for Argyle, is it ?