I reckon it is Dawson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

I reckon it is Dawson

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Not a rumour just a hunch.....after reading the following
The lawyers need to be competent and understand the process, because it’s quite complex. I have had a meeting with one of the potential buyers and he’s comfortable with the figures involved.

“He has done transactions before – not of football clubs – but out of administration.

“If I tell you any more, you will guess who he is. He just seems calm and collected.”
MFI comes to mind

H

Half-Time-Pasty

It would certainly bring a number of other snippets together for it to be Chris.

But there have been quite a few categorical "no's" in the past few weeks, so i'll go with that.

I got told last night that it is def Dawson, despite the no's over the last few months. Very strange.

We also approached a guy called Dave Brannan too. Another rumour I hears is that there was a Reid/ridsdale consortium bidding alongside Rufus Brevits people. All true? No idea.

B

bandwagon

mrrapson":2seatgi1 said:
I got told last night that it is def Dawson, despite the no's over the last few months. Very strange.

We also approached a guy called Dave Brannan too. Another rumour I hears is that there was a Reid/ridsdale consortium bidding alongside Rufus Brevits people. All true? No idea.

'Home, home on the Range'!! Bring in Albion and the guy might even smile - just the sort to pull Argyle and Janners in general up by their bootstraps, get this club rolling!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Just hope he's better than the last Janner we got lumbered with!!

A

argyle flyer

mrrapson":2ky1vp8l said:

Never going to happen. I'm sure he's a man of his word and if he says no then he'll mean it.

argyle_flyer":3aw9lqze said:
mrrapson":3aw9lqze said:

Never going to happen. I'm sure he's a man of his word and if he says no then he'll mean it.

I'm sure he is a man of his word but he is also a business man. He wouldn't tip his hand in public until he k ew one way or another.

Apparently he is keen to give something back to the people of Plymouth.

B

bizzay1

mrrapson":l2rwxu0x said:

won't be cd then, he wouldn't give anybody anything, and that would include the steam off his poo !!

A

argyle flyer

bizzay1":7jq9vm8g said:
mrrapson":7jq9vm8g said:

won't be cd then, he wouldn't give anybody anything, and that would include the steam off his poo !!

I wouldn't quite put it like that, but mrrapson you're right he's a business man, and for that reason he's out :)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
mrrapson":2tazky7c said:

Brannan bio

Well, he likes a gamble. Argyle would be a big one though.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Ponty's absence on this thread is interesting :stir:

Mar 7, 2009
If it is Dawson, we will be in good hands.

All he cares about is money, and for a money making club we will need to go up the leagues again :)

I still think it's James Brent.

Mar 7, 2009
I have just spoken to Chris Dawson of The Range group of companies of behalf of the Argyle Fans' Trust. I have known him for 20 years and given the various rumours that were circulating I asked him if he had expressed an interest in being part of Plymouth Argyle because if so the Trust members would like to meet him.

He confirmed that he has had meetings with the club and the Council in the recent past, including with Peter Ridsdale, that were mainly related to property matters. He has confirmed to all parties that he has no interest in taking matters any further.

I asked if I could publish the nature of our conversation because at this difficult time it was important that the supporter's, at least, knew the truth. He confirmed that I could. However, he wanted to stress, that although he was not a football man, he wished the club and its supporters all the best for the future and he was convinced that the club would, once more, rise again. I thanked him for his kind words and wished him well in opening his 50th store.

Graham Clark Chairman Argyle Fans' trust

N

northcountryboy

Dawson has stated he has no interest in football and would not make any money from this venture. Shame really as he would be good for us.