Great news on Staff Fund | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Great news on Staff Fund

Redundant staff. Yes or No?

• This fund should cover staff before the redundancies

Votes: 79 89.8%
  • This fund should go to staff that are employed NOW.

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

The accountant for the Green Taverners has, this morning, told them that the money CAN be paid to the staff, as a gift and it will not attract tax.

Therefore, it is my intention to move the money across into their bank account without delay.

Andy - I'll put the £200.00 in, and you can pay me when you get round to me. :)

Great result all round I would say.

GT's, do your thing!! :huddle:

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
A big Well done to everyone who donated, Ian for setting it up and doing all the organising, and the GT's for sorting out the passing on of moneys!!

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Excellent news Ian, well done to you and the GTs accountant. I'm intrigued though - after speaking to an insolvency practitioner and a chartered accountant I thought that it wouldn't be on the cards.

G

GreenTaverners

Thanks Ian for posting this.
Just to clarify the fund should be taxable by letter of law, however we have had agreement to make this payment to the staff at no tax or ni, we are waiting for this in writting from hmrc however our accountant has agreed to personally underwrite if anything should change. So the staff will get 100% of the fund.

Thanks to everyone who has donated and thanks to Pasoti and Trust for your support.

Cheers
Mark
Green Taverners

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
GreenTaverners":2dmio1h0 said:
Just to clarify the fund should be taxable by letter of law, however we have had agreement to make this payment to the staff at no tax or ni, we are waiting for this in writting from hmrc however our accountant has agreed to personally underwrite if anything should change. So the staff will get 100% of the fund.

Thanks to everyone who has donated and thanks to Pasoti and Trust for your support.

Cheers
Mark
Green Taverners

Personally, I'm absolutely delighted with this outcome and very well done to a brave accountant after all the trouble we have had with a not such honourable one.

Well done to, to the GT's for getting the players up to Hartlepool at zero cost. If anyone could they could and did. I look forward to the auction and will happily take part.

I am having trouble though with the other fund. For all the reasons given by others, but perhaps best articulated by Smiffy, sorry X-Isle. The players may have lost some friends since the January window but have not suffered in any way shape or form. I'm sure they can launder their own towels and buy a bottle of isotonic fizzy liquid, which is essentially water and sugar.

Until when? Well looks to be Monday -Wednesday next week, with no home game in that period the urgency has gone. As others have said if there is no preferred bidder on Monday, we have no club (as currently constituted) anyway. I have a sneaky feeling that that will not be an issue :roll:

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
GreenTaverners":l3rb8qgy said:

Cheers
Mark
Green Taverners

I still find that hard to believe - I wonder if it is because it's a fund rather than individuals handing cash over to individuals.

If I hand over cash as a mark of appreciation which I've paid tax and NI on it seems very harsh that the recipient has to pay tax on it as well.
Surely this covers it:- http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM01460.htm

If a cricketer has a benefit match and I donate cash to a collection they don't pay tax on that so what is the difference?

G

GreenTaverners

Hi Chris

The reason for it is purely down to the people we are giving money to all working for 1 employer, however this now not an issue and staff will now get 100% so good news all round.

Cheers
Mark
Green taverners

A

Anonymous

matt220781":1ks5bws8 said:
Will the staff who were recently made redundant also be receiving a share of it?

That's a very good question.

Let's be democratic about this and have a vote.

Please do not vote if you have not contributed.

Thanks

Ian

A

argylelegend

Strongly believe that this should go to all of the staff prior to the redundancies.