Walsall game - will it go ahead? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Walsall game - will it go ahead?

Feb 3, 2009
As the firm that supplies the stewards has not been paid (info from one it's employees), will the Walsall game go ahead? I believe that the firm will not supply the stewards unless the outstanding debt is cleared. :(

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Z

ZZZZtobythegreen

In all honesty how many stewards do we actually need?

We employ too many and they're awful at there job anyway :lol:

T

Tim Chown

I guess (some of) the Stephens money will be in before then?

Should pay for the administrator and enough to keep games running to keep more money coming in...

A

argyle dude

As much as we love to slag the stewards off, a lot of the ones I've spoken with are Argyle fans, the company Argyle goes through may refuse to supply them but I assume there is nothing preventing them (the stewards) from offering their services for free so long as they have the relevent SIA lisence or whatever it is they need. If the club staff can do it, I don't see why the stewards can't.
That said, I don't see a whip round for the stewards being very successfull :lol: Perhaps we could all donate a quid if they don't keep telling people to sit down :shock:

B

Brad Rickard

don't think theres ever been a football match happen with NO stewards at all present?!

unless anyone knows of one? :oops:

B

bandwagon

argyle_dude":2quhne52 said:
As much as we love to slag the stewards off, a lot of the ones I've spoken with are Argyle fans, the company Argyle goes through may refuse to supply them but I assume there is nothing preventing them (the stewards) from offering their services for free so long as they have the relevent SIA lisence or whatever it is they need. If the club staff can do it, I don't see why the stewards can't.
That said, I don't see a whip round for the stewards being very successfull :lol: Perhaps we could all donate a quid if they don't keep telling people to sit down :shock:

That is a classic - I'd have something to contribute if they could hold the bucket still!!

May 22, 2006
bandwagon":3q2hdmm0 said:
argyle_dude":3q2hdmm0 said:

That is a classic - I'd have something to contribute if they could hold the bucket still!!

Is it a deposit of some sort?

B

bandwagon

Andrew Owen":2ys002zk said:
bandwagon":2ys002zk said:
argyle_dude":2ys002zk said:

Is it a deposit of some sort?

With interest!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
I have travelled forward in time and the game went ahead, we won 2-0 and ballabriggs won the national. Unfortunately my timemachine has broken so i can't get back.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
To answer the threads question

Yes and i will predict a 2-0 win with Bolasie and Patterson scoring, but we will still be bottom of the league.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Ottawa Green":qu6t2est said:
To answer the threads question

Yes and i will predict a 2-0 win with Bolasie and Patterson scoring, but we will still be bottom of the league.

WOW ...OG, how do you do it, spot on again, and from so far away..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
rickardo":3r4e4kt5 said:
don't think theres ever been a football match happen with NO stewards at all present?!

unless anyone knows of one? :oops:

There are an awful lot of people on these boards who went to football matches in the days when there were no such things as stewards and fans walked from end to end during half time depending on which goal their team was attacking.

Stewards are the unfortunate by product of hooliganism.

Some would argue they are no better than the hooligans they are supposed to be controlling. :(