The Plaque - where to put it? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Plaque - where to put it?

Where should it go?

• Gate 26 - To be seen by all players and directors of all teams.

Votes: 58 64.4%
  • Opposite the 'Fans bricks'.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • One the art deco frontage (i.e main gate)

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

We've (Pasoti and Green Taverners) have been asked by the club, where people think the 'Thank You' plaque.

The plaque which was donated to PAFC staff at the presentation evening after the Southampton game reads:-

"Presented by the fans of Argyle to Peter Reid, the players and the non-playing staff in appreciation of their unstinting dedication and commitment to the club in the face of adversity during the 2010-11 season. We will be forever grateful."

A

Anonymous

If you have any other (sensible) suggestion, I'll add it above, but be quick, as you will have missed the voters that have already used their vote.

I did think of Lord and Lady Derriford's holiday home, but I decided that would not be fair.

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
IJN":3o0q6wct said:
If you have any other (sensible) suggestion, I'll add it above, but be quick, as you will have missed the voters that have already used their vote.

I know I could guarantee 100% of the votes if it were to be where I would suggest putting it. Nice sharp corners on it? The only problem is that it would never be visible to anyone again. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

I also had considered that as well, but anal tearing is a serious issue.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
I have voted for opposite the fans bricks purely because one day i hope the ground will be completed and the other locations will not exist.Also some of the names on the bricks are no longer with us but if they were they would have undoubtedly supported the cause.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":qsl32c40 said:
Gate 26 IS the players entrance Cobi.

Gate 26 is players entrance number 1, the players entrance is when they enter the stand and take the corridor down into the changing rooms :wink:

A

Anonymous

A bit selective there Cobi.

Surely, it's better if people other than just players can see what we think of PAFC 2011.

P

Paul_Roberts

It'll be a shame to put it out of the way by the players' entrance, in my view. In time, there won't be any of the current players or staff left at the club, and I doubt their replacements down the years will care about the memories of this season anywhere near as much as the fans will.

I think it deserves to be seen by the largest possible audience, and therefore should go by the main entrance where the vast majority of fans can see it on a regular basis.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
The only people that use gate 26 are the home players plus corporate fans.Thats it.Its rather hidden away down there.Much better to site it above the main gates to the club where it could be seen by a much wider audience of both home and away supporters plus people passing by from the life centre etc.IMHO.Edited to add...away teams use the main entrance NOT gate 26 as has been stated.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":14hbyi85 said:
A bit selective there Cobi.

Surely, it's better if people other than just players can see what we think of PAFC 2011.

People in the GS can see it but I think your right to be honest. My vote is going with the players and directors gate 26 then.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
IJN":1c77hsay said:
I also had considered that as well, but anal tearing is a serious issue.

I truly hope you're not speaking from personal experience Ian?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.