Argyle and Albion ground share? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle and Albion ground share?

Mar 10, 2011
I have heard that Plymouth Argyle and Plymouth Albion are in talks about ground sharing Home Park! Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or is it just a rumour?

:D :grin: :mrgreen: :nworthy: :appl:

Aug 14, 2006
One day it will happen :(

IF things go mammaries up today then i guess this will be one possible outcome to keep 2 sporting teams in Plymouth.

G

Gareth Nicholson

That poor lovely pitch will get banjaxed pretty quickly then with all those clodhoppers on it.

B

bandwagon

Makes bloody sense and if Reading can do it with London Irish, we can!!

G

Gareth Nicholson

bandwagon":4po0euik said:
Makes bloody sense and if Reading can do it with London Irish, we can!!

Can we? Reading benefits from better-heeled supporters and the deal with Irish has brought in new high-level sponsors and decent levels of income. Would Albion bring that to HP? I can't think of anything they could bring to the table.

Dec 7, 2006
I'm not sure if Brickfields is up to Premiership standard (should they ever get promoted) so I suppose a move to Home Park would get around that particular problem. Probably about the only Premiership games we're ever likely to see up there. :(

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IF (and that's a BIG IF) it is possible for the two teams to share Home Park and not trash the pitch then I think it makes complete sense for the two clubs to share the facility. In fact I would go one step further and look to somehow join the two teams under some kind of Plymouth Sports Club umbrella and I'd bring Raiders into the mix also (playing in the new indoor arena that should be constructed as part of the updating of the south stand). I can only see benefits for everyone - teams, fans, sponsors - with an arrangement of this kind (on second thoughts, maybe there might be problems with cross-subsidies between the different teams) but NOT if the key piece of infrastructure, i.e. the pitch, can't cope.

M

mikepafc84

Brickfields is up to premier league standards, but like us - Albion are on the slide, and i really dont see the benefit in us sharing a ground! + i dont think the Argyle groundsman will either!! tho if it helps us on the other hand - then it may be a consideration!

May 16, 2005
Elburton
I'd be reluctantly in agreement with it if the numbers stack up.

However, I agree with Gareth's take on it. It would make a right mess of the pitch.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Its worth re-stating that the new pitch is fitted with sockets specifically to take rugby posts. Presumably that means it is capable of withstanding rugby matches being played on it.

A

Anonymous

I wonder how much extra those sockets cost?

I hope it was worth the money we paid.

Oh, hang on............................................ :oops: :oops: :oops: