Irish Consortium | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Irish Consortium

L

lostinleeds

In the absence of any rumours, anyone want to take any wild guesses at who the Irish Consortium who are 'football people' might be?

What about those Irish horse racing types that used to own a stake in Man U - Magnier and McManus? Could they be behind it. There is a connection via 'sir' Roy Gardner's involvement in Man U. Might explain why Mastpoint agreed to the CVA

L

Laughter My Ploy

Its going to be fun speculating....although Mastpoint voted for the CVA because they get all their money back

We understand that the Football Creditors will be paid in full by a
purchaser either by operation of TUPE in the case of employees, or by
The Football League by way of a deduction from the Club's Pool
Account entitlement, of any payments. It is to be noted that all such
payments as may be received in the future have (subject to any
deductions) been assigned to Mastpoint Finance Limited.

Sep 17, 2009
Plymouth
Posted on the CVA thread about Magnier and McManus just think that is asking too much J P McManus wealth estimated at £800 million and John Magnier £900million but would we want to play in green and gold as Mr McManus racing coulours

Feb 21, 2008
rbrooks26":1rrpn0ki said:
Posted on the CVA thread about Magnier and McManus just think that is asking too much J P McManus wealth estimated at £800 million and John Magnier £900million but would we want to play in green and gold as Mr McManus racing coulours

for that much money...yes.

LostinLeeds":33xzv7gp said:
In the absence of any rumours, anyone want to take any wild guesses at who the Irish Consortium who are 'football people' might be?

What about those Irish horse racing types that used to own a stake in Man U - Magnier and McManus? Could they be behind it. There is a connection via 'sir' Roy Gardner's involvement in Man U. Might explain why Mastpoint agreed to the CVA

Would be nice but arent they involved with Celtic?

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
rbrooks26":6ajzsex0 said:

There's method in their Magniers

G

greenlaun

Chancellor":1ubeuugr said:
LostinLeeds":1ubeuugr said:

I mentioned something on the 'Irish Consortium, what do we know' thread on the main discussion board with regards to Magnier and McManus and a couple of their friends, one of their friends attempting to buy west ham in the 1990's and anpther bloke having a 30% odd share in celtic, they are very rich, but I've obviously got nothing to back up that theory, :? :? just an idea linking the 'interest in football' to 'irish consortium' and the worrying thoughout of a back-handed return of Sir Roy :cry: :cry: :cry:

greenlaun":1z3i0sk3 said:
Chancellor":1z3i0sk3 said:
LostinLeeds":1z3i0sk3 said:

I mentioned something on the 'Irish Consortium, what do we know' thread on the main discussion board with regards to Magnier and McManus and a couple of their friends, one of their friends attempting to buy west ham in the 1990's and anpther bloke having a 30% odd share in celtic, they are very rich, but I've obviously got nothing to back up that theory, :? :? just an idea linking the 'interest in football' to 'irish consortium' and the worrying thoughout of a back-handed return of Sir Roy :cry: :cry: :cry:

McManus, Magnier and Desmond arent rich. They are mega rich.

They arent millionaires, more like billionaires, Rodney.

Between them they could buy the entire Premiership, cant see why they would be bothered with little old Argyle, even for property reasons, its just too small.

Reckon Ward Anderson could be a good shout.

I still think Convers Sports Initiatives are possibles, it meets their objectives with the added carrot of the Americas Cup here this year, they are heavily into top sailing events.

G

greenlaun

Chancellor":m67h7zhq said:

Between them they could buy the entire Premiership, cant see why they would be bothered with little old Argyle, even for property reasons, its just too small.

I still think Convers Sports Initiatives are possibles, it meets their objectives with the added carrot of the Americas Cup here this year, they are heavily into top sailing events.

Ok, I'm sorry :oops: :cry:

greenlaun":3nr1e8dy said:
Chancellor":3nr1e8dy said:

Ok, I'm sorry :oops: :cry:

Dont be sorry! I would love it to be true, its just my opinion that we are small fry compared to what they are used to.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
mike_gss":3dpifk8a said:
Seeing as everyone seems bent on speculating that the mystery Irish Consortium could be any Irish person that might have a bob or two to throw our way, I'll contribute this...

Irish Consortium candidates

It could be any of these. Or all. Or none.

I bet I am right.

I never realised that Enya was the financial advisor to the Pope or a suspected cocaine smuggler!

Lousy_Pint":1ptuov4k said:
mike_gss":1ptuov4k said:
Seeing as everyone seems bent on speculating that the mystery Irish Consortium could be any Irish person that might have a bob or two to throw our way, I'll contribute this...

Irish Consortium candidates

It could be any of these. Or all. Or none.

I bet I am right.

I never realised that Enya was the financial advisor to the Pope or a suspected cocaine smuggler!

I understand the two are inextricably linked.

If you want to tell him which ISA to go for you have to go get his stash too.

Personally I wouldnt trust Enya with my Post Office account let alone anything else, I've heard she can get a bit extravagant.