Jim Paterson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jim Paterson

S

Starbucks

I've been told that he would like to stay for another year but his family want to go back to Scotland. Anybody else heard similar? :wink:

M

MylesPAFC

One of my favourite players at Argyle, I don't even know why he is just really like the man. Would love to see him stay on, cant see Bhasera being here so Jim down the left flank will work well with a pacey winger.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Though it was an enforced move, he finally got a decent spell at left-back and has proven well up to the job at League One level. Would be delighted if he stays.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
I definitely want Jim to stay. A very good player with an excellent left foot and a very nice guy.

A

Anonymous

I like him as well, I think he's the epitome of a good solid pro.

The antithesis of Maclean I'd say.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
He must be on massive wages by league 2 standards.

Furthermore he's not the quickest and Reid said publicly at the fans forum that he wants his side to be full of pace.

Can't see him staying, whether he wants to or not.

Agree with the sentiments though, bloody good pro.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
I'm sure Reid appreciates the you can't have a team full of Usain Bolt's, particularly when operating on a League 2 budget.

Pace in wide positions and up top is key obviously, but Jim brings more than enough to the table to compensate for his lack of pace. A lot of experience, and a damn good left back.

If he was prepared to accept a League Two level contract, then I'm sure Peter Reid would entertain the idea of keeping him.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

penzancepirate":3qsh8pjq said:
I would be very happy to see him stay. Ever since wassisname up front that everyone dribbled over for some reason, the whole Scotish thing, that has served Argyle so well over the decades, has been a disaster and am bored now by more Scotish families needing to go home. Add in the whole geographical thing over Charlie Adam a year back and I don't think I would ever want to force anyone to come West of Bristol ever again if they didn't really want to be here.

If it were not for his games out of the team, he would have been my player of the year ... a very very good pro at this level ... just that touch of pace at CCC level caused him a problem.

I haven't a clue what you've posted in that first paragraph!

But I am a big fan of Jim. So much so that I have preferred him ANYWHERE on the left side to Baz this season. At least with Jim you can almost guarantee that the ball will go past the 6 yard box and find someone.

I would be happy with his experience in the side, even if it was a bit part.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
penzancepirate":3es4pou6 said:
I would be very happy to see him stay. Ever since wassisname up front that everyone dribbled over for some reason, the whole Scotish thing, that has served Argyle so well over the decades, has been a disaster and am bored now by more Scotish families needing to go home. Add in the whole geographical thing over Charlie Adam a year back and I don't think I would ever want to force anyone to come West of Bristol ever again if they didn't really want to be here.

If it were not for his games out of the team, he would have been my player of the year ... a very very good pro at this level ... just that touch of pace at CCC level caused him a problem.

Steve Crawford?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
From open play he's just about our best crosser of the ball too.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Peter_dout":1p4sis8v said:
Mark Pedlar":1p4sis8v said:
From open play he's just about our best crosser of the ball too.

I disagree with that because I think Clark is. I'd rather have Paterson at the club any day of the week. Not an amazing player but rather like Lee Hodges you could stick him anywhere and he would a shift in.
That's the goalkeeper position filled then for next season!" :)