Clayton Donaldson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Clayton Donaldson

M

MylesPAFC

Out of contract soon, scored 28 for Crewe this season, 27 of which were in the league. Worth a crack if we can get him?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
A bit out of our range I reckon. He'll probably be in quite a lot of demand from clubs a lot higher up the league, and a lot better off than ourselves.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
A player who no doubt will be playing League one football next season.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if Calvin Zola signed.

Reid will be looking for a big man to play up front to partner Mason or a loan striker I would think.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
But we are 4th division with no money...we cant compete for players like Clayton Donaldson..we cant compete for anybody....

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Andy_Symons":y0gugdth said:
oddball":y0gugdth said:
But we are 4th division with no money...we cant compete for players like Clayton Donaldson..we cant compete for anybody....

There's no room for reality on this thread, odders.

Now, was that Michael Owen I saw on Royal Parade yesterday? :)

Andy dont start stirring things up .............. you know it was Kevin Phillips :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

C

Cult Of Personality

How do we know we got no NEW MONEY COMING IN

We dont know what we have to spend untill 14th june

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
crickeypafc":2ijkszhc said:
How do we know we got no NEW MONEY COMING IN

We dont know what we have to spend untill 14th june

Problem is....even if we had shitloads of dosh...the restriction on wages (65% of turnover ?) would prevent us from signing top players.

M

MylesPAFC

Was only a suggestion, Crawley are one of the favourites to sign him, last time I checked they were League two and under the same wage restriction as us.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
MylesPAFC":1aj0niuw said:
Was only a suggestion, Crawley are one of the favourites to sign him, last time I checked they were League two and under the same wage restriction as us.

Their owner gifts them money. Owners of most clubs pump money into the club, which in turn then owes them said money(think mastpoint). Money gifted to the club does not affect its financial security in a negative way, whereas debt owed to the owner by the club does. That is how Crawley will be able to afford to spend more than most next season.

M

MylesPAFC

Tavypilgrim":13ev46xa said:
MylesPAFC":13ev46xa said:

Their owner gifts them money. Owners of most clubs pump money into the club, which in turn then owes them said money(think mastpoint). Money gifted to the club does not affect its financial security in a negative way, whereas debt owed to the owner by the club does. That is how Crawley will be able to afford to spend more than most next season.

Money invested into a club is not turnover though is it, and that is what the cap is on. We should be turning over more than them, realistically due to increased crowds etc.

Chris":lx0b0cdw said:
PlymouthLoyal":lx0b0cdw said:
Be a good signing , can't see it though there are loads of clubs tracking him in league 1 apparently.

Reading that post has just reminded me how far we've fallen. We're not going to be able to compete for a striker because some League One clubs want him.

Roy Gardner, you and your accomplices are an absolute disgrace. I hope you feel sick every time you look in the mirror. You've taken a football club with limitless potential and turned it into a shell, a basket case. The business that you ran is a liability and an embarassment to the city it represents. Any progress that we make in the future, if we have one, will be in spite of the shambolic mess that you've left. I'm aware that it takes a big man to apologise, and you've got a lot to apologise for; I've no idea what it feels like to see several human beings made redundant as a result of my greed and incompetency, and to see several dozen more have to volunteer to work unpaid for months to save the company I've ruined, but I like to think that I'd at least have the guts to say sorry.

Still, at least you've got your knighthood for services to the gas and electricity industries. I can't imagine you'll find it too hard to find another lucrative job - which business do you fancy ruining next? Will you learn any lessons from what you've done to us, or is your professional arrogance too deeply rooted to accept that maybe executive positions aren't your strong point? I once tried to build a bookcase. It looked quite good until I started putting books on it, at which point it collapsed in a blizzard of sawdust, nails and old copies of the Playfair Cricket Annuals 1954-2010. Maybe if I'd persisted for long enough I'd have got it right, but it was a salutary lesson in my lack of DIY aptitude, and sure as hell put me off any lingering fantasies of a career in carpentry. Perhaps that's a metaphor you could adapt to your chosen line of work?

I've no idea whether we'll pull through or not. Certainly your future is brighter than ours. I just hope that, even if you're not big enough to show any remorse, next time you hear of a sports club imploding you'll just feel a pang of guilt that you were responsible for one of English football's closest brushes with liquidation. Maybe you'll never learn, but I hope you won't forget.

What a load of tosh. The damage was done well before Todd Gardner and Kagami came on the scene. If you want to blame someone try closer to home. I really dont understand this finger-pointing at the newcomers to the board who pumped far more money into the club than anyone else has ever done. The New World board were ripped off plain and simple. They may have had their heads turned by the WC bid but they, like all of us, were led to believe that the England bid had serious legs. You can thank the corrupt FIFA for that disaster.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Chris":fw39a4bu said:
PlymouthLoyal":fw39a4bu said:
Be a good signing , can't see it though there are loads of clubs tracking him in league 1 apparently.

Reading that post has just reminded me how far we've fallen. We're not going to be able to compete for a striker because some League One clubs want him.

Roy Gardner, you and your accomplices are an absolute disgrace. I hope you feel sick every time you look in the mirror. You've taken a football club with limitless potential and turned it into a shell, a basket case. The business that you ran is a liability and an embarassment to the city it represents. Any progress that we make in the future, if we have one, will be in spite of the shambolic mess that you've left. I'm aware that it takes a big man to apologise, and you've got a lot to apologise for; I've no idea what it feels like to see several human beings made redundant as a result of my greed and incompetency, and to see several dozen more have to volunteer to work unpaid for months to save the company I've ruined, but I like to think that I'd at least have the guts to say sorry.

Still, at least you've got your knighthood for services to the gas and electricity industries. I can't imagine you'll find it too hard to find another lucrative job - which business do you fancy ruining next? Will you learn any lessons from what you've done to us, or is your professional arrogance too deeply rooted to accept that maybe executive positions aren't your strong point? I once tried to build a bookcase. It looked quite good until I started putting books on it, at which point it collapsed in a blizzard of sawdust, nails and old copies of the Playfair Cricket Annuals 1954-2010. Maybe if I'd persisted for long enough I'd have got it right, but it was a salutary lesson in my lack of DIY aptitude, and sure as hell put me off any lingering fantasies of a career in carpentry. Perhaps that's a metaphor you could adapt to your chosen line of work?

I've no idea whether we'll pull through or not. Certainly your future is brighter than ours. I just hope that, even if you're not big enough to show any remorse, next time you hear of a sports club imploding you'll just feel a pang of guilt that you were responsible for one of English football's closest brushes with liquidation. Maybe you'll never learn, but I hope you won't forget.

Brilliant post - forgot to mention Connaught - it isnt just a one off is it?