Scott McGleish | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scott McGleish

Dec 28, 2010
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

With the process of rebuilding our club due to start in the coming months or weeks, we are all expecting free transfers, out of contract youngsters (hopefully "wee nuggets") and loans to be flooding our club.
Read the other day on the bbc sport pages that Leyton Orient striker Scott McGleish has been released as a result of his contract running out, now some may disagree due to his age (37 years old) that he is due for the football scrap heap but he scored 17 goals in league one last season being Orients top goalscorer!
Scott has a record of being a prolific goalscorer in the lower leagues, a kind of experienced goal poacher which is what we need in league two, GOALS.
Remember how effective Barry Hayles was when he joined??
Having Scott on a one year or two year contract would be worthwhile, no?

Thoughts?

M

MylesPAFC

Worth a go on a one year contract if he will accept a contract of under £1000 a week which is unlikely. Can't afford to pay him anymore than that to be honest, but I agree with you he will score goals, and be a good presence for the younger lot e.g. Young. Maybe he can strike us a sponsorship deal with Nintendo as well, after his cameo on the advert :wink:

Dec 28, 2010
MylesPAFC":j7x6u282 said:
Maybe he can strike us a sponsorship deal with Nintendo as well, after his cameo on the advert :wink:

:lol: I forgot he had done that. Forward thinking Myles, i like it :nworthy:

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
MylesPAFC":106ps2yw said:
Worth a go on a one year contract if he will accept a contract of under £1000 a week which is unlikely. Can't afford to pay him anymore than that to be honest, but I agree with you he will score goals, and be a good presence for the younger lot e.g. Young. Maybe he can strike us a sponsorship deal with Nintendo as well, after his cameo on the advert :wink:

Not meaning to be rude ............... but how do you know what we can / cant afford to pay players

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
greenmarc":3un58ggh said:
MylesPAFC":3un58ggh said:

Not meaning to be rude ............... but how do you know what we can / cant afford to pay players

Pay players?!

I think you must be thinking of another football club. :lol:

M

MylesPAFC

greenmarc":1xe9wl78 said:
MylesPAFC":1xe9wl78 said:

He is 37, what do you suggest we pay him?

Obnoxious tw*t!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
:? :?

His question is a valid one isn't it? How on earth can someone say he will have to play for less than a grand a week when no one knows who the owners are or the budget?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Daz":2l5n2cw0 said:

His question is a valid one isn't it? How on earth can someone say he will have to play for less than a grand a week when no one knows who the owners are or the budget?

Yes, quite!!

N

northcountryboy

monkeywrench":3n1lpbhu said:
Daz":3n1lpbhu said:

Yes, quite!!

I agree. It's annoying people quote facts but are not in a position or knowledgeable to say so. The owners will decide what we can afford.

As for calling him an obnoxious T**t just makes you look worse. Poor.

M

MylesPAFC

Some people on this site make me laugh, you know exactly what he was getting at, my comment was not about how much of a budget we will be given next year, it was due to the fact that we nor can any other club in league two afford to pay a 37 year old has been more than £1000 per week, which if any of you any common modern day footballing knowledge you would agree with me. I stand by what I called him, if it was face to face conversation half the people on this forum would not say the stuff that they do say, really does my nut in!