• Total voters

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Isn’t it about time we had a Q&A on a fans forum to enquire what Peter Ridsdale’s thoughts are regarding the way forward with Plymouth Argyle. Does he realise that what worked with Cardiff when he sold their better players and brought in cheaper players the fans up there still returned the following season. I don’t think that down at Argyle losing the more exciting players and bringing in what I would term journey men and players from non league clubs will entice people to renew their season tickets. I realise that Argyle as a club has a large catchment area but the fans can be very fickle. Another question is Peter Reid having any say in what happens the players at this moment as I would hate for him to finally get fed up and move elsewhere.
I rate him the jewel in out rather shabby crown and one who would be able to put the glitter back on it.
Remember Hollowords had difficulty getting players to come to Argyle and he had the gift on the gab.
Compare what happened with Crystal Palace Sheffield Wednesday and others to what is happening at Plymouth at the moment. Will we have a team next season worth watching or will we have another season on relegation.
:? :? :? :? :mrgreen: :stout:

A

Anonymous

We can organise that I'm sure, but is that the consensus of quite a few fans on here?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":23lk03gh said:
We can organise that I'm sure, but is that the consensus of quite a few fans on here?

Ian, Can we have a poll on this please. Thanks.

G

Greenskin

mikey":1lssclsm said:
Isn’t it about time we had a Q&A on a fans forum to enquire what Peter Ridsdale’s thoughts are regarding the way forward with Plymouth Argyle. Does he realise that what worked with Cardiff when he sold their better players and brought in cheaper players the fans up there still returned the following season. I don’t think that down at Argyle losing the more exciting players and bringing in what I would term journey men and players from non league clubs will entice people to renew their season tickets. I realise that Argyle as a club has a large catchment area but the fans can be very fickle. Another question is Peter Reid having any say in what happens the players at this moment as I would hate for him to finally get fed up and move elsewhere.
I rate him the jewel in out rather shabby crown and one who would be able to put the glitter back on it.
Remember Hollowords had difficulty getting players to come to Argyle and he had the gift on the gab.
Compare what happened with Crystal Palace Sheffield Wednesday and others to what is happening at Plymouth at the moment. Will we have a team next season worth watching or will we have another season on relegation.
:? :? :? :? :mrgreen: :stout:

Holloway brought Hayles,Ebanks Blake,Seip,Sinclair,Halmosi,Gallen,Martin and Timar,which IMHO does not support the view that he found difficulty in bringing players to the club.And Cardiff's gates have stood up because in recent years they have been consistently challenging for promotion,reached an FA cup final and have a brand new ground,before this period their gates were in fact not as good as ours.I don't think that a Q and A session would provide anything particularly new from Ridsdale regarding a way forward any more than his previous interviews with the Trust and other parties-he stated that Argyle should be a club which at the very least should be challenging fo promotion to the premiership but frankly i'm not filled with hope from anything else he's said about how he is going to achieve this.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
I don’t think that down at Argyle losing the more exciting players and bringing in what I would term journey men and players from non league clubs will entice people to renew their season tickets.

I agree with this idea. However, I can only see an answer based on realism. The realism that it will be a team made from what you say. If this has a negative affect on season ticket sales then I think Risdale will have to put his faith in PR that he can put together a team that begins to succeed, fairly quickly on the pitch. I do have this feeling that Reid knows what he's doing but it's one thing thinking it, but can he deliver?

The first third of the season is critical. I'm not so worried about the core season ticket fans coming throught the gates, it's the paying ones that will come or not depending on the performances on the pitch.

A

andyr1963

Yes. Get him on. I have serious reservations about the man and doubt his capabilities as a "saviour" of clubs. Give him a chance of "unifying" the fans. :shock:

May 22, 2006
Don't really see the point of Q&As. We had two from Keith Todd full of platitudes, reassurances and things the fanbase wanted to hear. All turned out to be bollocks, of course.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Andrew Owen":3g26tphx said:
Don't really see the point of Q&As. We had two from Keith Todd full of platitudes, reassurances and things the fanbase wanted to hear. All turned out to be bollocks, of course.

precisely. and ridsdale is simply better at spinning the bull

M

MylesPAFC

Riddler will just tell us what we want to hear, not how it actually is. But saying that, I'm always curious as to what he is going to say next.

L

Laughter My Ploy

I'd rather the whole of pasoti and local and national media keep digging away and take nothing at face value from Mr Ridsdale

If he's in this for redemption and/or the love of the club I'd rather he just gave a list of action against which to judge him or what he stands for example " I, Peter Ridsdale, the undersigned....will never borrow against season ticket income....will be open and transparent about the agents we employ....will let you know immediately if miss an HMRC payment....will embark on a concerted advertising campaign....will consult with fans groups etc"

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Laughter My Ploy":3e3iwcb0 said:
I'd rather the whole of pasoti and local and national media keep digging away and take nothing at face value from Mr Ridsdale

If he's in this for redemption and/or the love of the club I'd rather he just gave a list of action against which to judge him or what he stands for example " I, Peter Ridsdale, the undersigned....will never borrow against season ticket income....will be open and transparent about the agents we employ....will let you know immediately if miss an HMRC payment....will embark on a concerted advertising campaign....will consult with fans groups etc"
Thats a good start. Add to that, Bring in board members who will put money into the club not lend money. Other clubs have the benefit of backers giving not lending. Quick buck merchants were part of the cause of Argyle's downfall. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Andrew Owen":118zyo28 said:

I must admit, I share that (cynical) view.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Still, let's put it to the vote, let the people decide.

Let's have some democratic Argyle talk.

Once again, Pasoti leads the way!!

G

Gareth Nicholson

I voted no not because I'm not interested in what he has to say for himself, but because there is nothing that he can say that I am prepared to believe yet.