Registration Number AR61YLE | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Registration Number AR61YLE

Jun 6, 2011
First of all, thank you to the PASOTI Mods team for giving me permission to post this on this board.

I am looking to sell the UK registration number AR61YLE, which will hopefully be of interest to some members on this board. I made a speculative purchase of it following a (so far) fruitless search for a relevant plate for my own team (Barnsley, if anyone cares!)

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/ar61yle.jpg/

Initially, I'm just looking to circulate the information and ascertain interest levels with the intention of doing an Ebay auction at a later date, which I think is probably the fairest way to sell the plate, assuming there are a few people interested. Consequently, if you are interested in buying this then either post on this thread or contact me by PM so that I can keep you updated as to when the auction goes up. If anyone wants to make an offer in the meantime then please send me a PM and I'll consider it.

For clarity, just to advise that I'm not a professional number plate trader and I've not got a fixed price in mind as to what the number is worth. To me, it's a fairly unique way to show support for your team but it won't appeal to everyone. I'm just trying to make sure that anyone who is interested has a fair chance to purchase it. Personally I think it's a pretty great number for a PAFC supporter - I just wish there was something as good available for my own team!

If anyone has any questions, please post in the thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

Sheriff

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Im sure theres a simple mistake, but DVLA don't recognise that plate as far as I can see in any configuration.

Perhaps a typo? Or was it a very recent registration since the 61 plate is not out until September?

Jun 6, 2011
It's a new 61 number. I guess technically they show it as AR61 YLE, but the photo I've linked to in the OP is a picture of the number generated from DVLA's website, so shows how it would appear on a vehicle in standard format (i.e. without any messing around with formatting, spacing, etc).

The new registrations went on sale a few days ago, ahead of them being used on vehicles from September onwards.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Sheriff":xwtmokyg said:
It's a new 61 number. I guess technically they show it as AR61 YLE, but the photo I've linked to in the OP is a picture of the number generated from DVLA's website, so shows how it would appear on a vehicle in standard format (i.e. without any messing around with formatting, spacing, etc).

The new registrations went on sale a few days ago, ahead of them being used on vehicles from September onwards.

You are probably correct Sherrif, although I did input in a number of ways including the one you describe.

I dont disbelieve you, perhaps it wont officialy be released until 1st September.

Nice number anyway.

Jun 6, 2011
tonycholwell":2j0xyp9x said:
You are probably correct Sherrif, although I did input in a number of ways including the one you describe.

I dont disbelieve you, perhaps it wont officialy be released until 1st September.

Nice number anyway.

If the message you're seeing is that it's not available, then it's due to it having already been purchased by myself.

If you go onto the 'Current Search' tab and enter the number it'll give you a message that it's not available, and will then list similar numbers which are still available direct from DVLA. For example, you could still purchase AA61 YLE.

Similarly, a lot of the other 'good' 61 numbers have been taken too - MA61 CAL, LE61 END, OR61 ASM, & YO61 BER were ones I'd noticed had gone very quickly.

A

Anonymous

It's worth pointing out for those who don't know about personal number plates, this number can only go on cars registered on, or after, the 1st September 2011.

T

Tyhee_Slim

The only personalised plate that anyone should ever need.

AdPlates.jpg

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
Tyhee_Slim":3gi3guj5 said:
The only personalised plate that anyone should ever need.

AdPlates.jpg

:lol: Please, please, please post on the main board a lot more. It needs somebody to lighten the tone.....