No Irish buyers | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No Irish buyers

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Having been nosing in of a conservation in the pub earlier I heard someone say there are no Irish buyers and the whole story is to throw the FA off the fact that Kevin Heaney is buying the club through a company in Gibraltar. Anyone know anything about this.

B

bizzay1

boletus edulis":392p1hdm said:
Having been nosing in of a conservation in the pub earlier I heard someone say there are no "Irish" buyers and the whole story is to throw the FA off the fact that Kevin Heaney is buying the club through a company in Gibraltar. Anyone know anything about this.

no, havn't heard this before - can you explain ??

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
jackendley

Post subject: No "Irish" buyers
Unread postPosted: 27 Jun 2011 11:37

Having been nosing in of a conservation in the pub earlier I heard someone say there are no "Irish" buyers and the whole story is to throw the FA off the fact that Kevin Heaney is buying the club through a company in Gibraltar. Anyone know anything about this.

Funny the samething was posted by jackendley as what boletus edulis said

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I wonder if boletus edulis and jackendley are the same person and i wonder if a ip check shows they have other aliases :?: :?: :?: :?:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
It depends on the nature of the hedge fund itself, i.e. how it is managed. The club/parent company could be one of many assets and strategies can vary from speculative to risk managed I believe - and in a variety of markets. So on the upside you would share in the profits of a successful fund, alternatively a stable business (cough, splutter) could be seen as a risk avoider, i.e. balancing the risk taken in other parts of the fund. If you assume that in the proposed deal the club is a separate entity it could as a result be protected from the risks of the fund - positive or negative.

At least I think that's how it works ...

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Frank_Butcher":2dbvbec7 said:
It depends on the nature of the hedge fund itself, i.e. how it is managed. The club/parent company could be one of many assets and strategies can vary from speculative to risk managed I believe - and in a variety of markets. So on the upside you would share in the profits of a successful fund, alternatively a stable business (cough, splutter) could be seen as a risk avoider, i.e. balancing the risk taken in other parts of the fund. If you assume that in the proposed deal the club is a separate entity it could as a result be protected from the risks of the fund - positive or negative.

At least I think that's how it works ...

Exactly what McCauley did !!!

Argyle was a subsidury of Rotolok and whilst his other companies made a profit Argyle's losses were set against them meaning he paid less tax etc

Can only be of benefit to Argyle if we can get someone in whom is looking for a plaything that has a company with profits

I personally think its Heaney on his own because this buy back bullpoo reeks of it

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Considering the fate of Cornish Homes Ltd, I cannot exactly see KH having a bundle of profit from his business connection against which he can set off Argyle's perennial trading losses or for that matter any loss generated from peripheral land development. A hedge fund is a possibility as an owner, but again it would be subject to FL approval for potential ownership.