New Signings... are they good enough? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Signings... are they good enough?

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Hello,

You have to forgive me for not being a loyal PASOTI member, haven't posted anything in ages! I'll became more dedicated soon!

Heard from quite a reliable source that Peter Reid seems to be scouting around Conference clubs, League Two clubs and a few Free Agents who've been released from League One clubs. Not sure what kind of side that'll give us but I've also heard that Reidy will be making the most of his loan signings - and plans to bring in the max of 5 loan players - all from one of Stoke, Sunderland and QPR.

Unfortunately I've not been told many names but there's a clue of who to expect!

COYG,
Tyler :]

C

Connor Clarke

soccerpilgrim":jtmh6lpt said:
Hello,

You have to forgive me for not being a loyal PASOTI member, haven't posted anything in ages! I'll became more dedicated soon!

Heard from quite a reliable source that Peter Reid seems to be scouting around Conference clubs, League Two clubs and a few Free Agents who've been released from League One clubs. Not sure what kind of side that'll give us but I've also heard that Reidy will be making the most of his loan signings - and plans to bring in the max of 5 loan players - all from one of Stoke, Sunderland and QPR.

Unfortunately I've not been told many names but there's a clue of who to expect!

COYG,

Well I've been told from somebody in the know, Peter Ridsdale and Peter Reid have been in talks with a Former PL Striker, who would gurantee at least 20 goals a season at this level, and has previously worked with Peter Reid at Sunderland.

And he also tells me, this year he's 100% confident it will happen, and the Herald will run a big story on it tomorrow.

:roll:

Aug 7, 2010
Connor":2wof4gx4 said:
soccerpilgrim":2wof4gx4 said:
Hello,

COYG,

Well I've been told from somebody in the know, Peter Ridsdale and Peter Reid have been in talks with a Former PL Striker, who would gurantee at least 20 goals a season at this level, and has previously worked with Peter Reid at Sunderland.

And he also tells me, this year he's 100% confident it will happen, and the Herald will run a big story on it tomorrow.

Kevin Phillips

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Compton Green":1apbl8an said:
Connor":1apbl8an said:
soccerpilgrim":1apbl8an said:
Hello,

COYG,
:grin:

Kevin Phillips

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Honestly, this is a genuine post from a contact linked very closely to the club, but I have to be careful what I post. I'd like to say we have NOT signed any of these players, we're only watching/in talks/interested in them. Again, I can't reveal player names but I'm happy to disclose clubs:

Brentford
Leyton Orient
Walsall
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham
Northampton

Also, in response to the Kevin Phillips rumour, I've not heard that from 'this source' but you kinds seem pretty confident and I'd love it if he signed! The other rumour, which seemed like utter rubbish, was Robbie Fowler. I can confirm we were looking at Robbie Fowler but a short time after contacting him, he confirmed he wants to move back to Liverpool, in a Youth Coaching role. So a no-go for Fowler now, but Phillips seems to still be in the balance.

C

Connor Clarke

soccerpilgrim":htxosror said:
Honestly, this is a genuine post from a contact linked very closely to the club, but I have to be careful what I post. I'd like to say we have NOT signed any of these players, we're only watching/in talks/interested in them. Again, I can't reveal player names but I'm happy to disclose clubs:

Brentford
Leyton Orient
Walsall
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham
Northampton

Also, in response to the Kevin Phillips rumour, I've not heard that from 'this source' but you kinds seem pretty confident and I'd love it if he signed! The other rumour, which seemed like utter rubbish, was Robbie Fowler. I can confirm we were looking at Robbie Fowler but a short time after contacting him, he confirmed he wants to move back to Liverpool, in a Youth Coaching role. So a no-go for Fowler now, but Phillips seems to still be in the balance.

:lol:

I doubt this.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Connor":27xsj7bv said:
soccerpilgrim":27xsj7bv said:

Brentford
Leyton Orient
Walsall
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham
Northampton

I doubt this.

What do you doubt? I've said we're looking at players that, last season, played for Brentford, Leyton Orient etc. and that we're not signing Robbie Fowler! That's 100% the truth!

C

Connor Clarke

soccerpilgrim":5wv788t9 said:
Connor":5wv788t9 said:
soccerpilgrim":5wv788t9 said:

Brentford
Leyton Orient
Walsall
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham
Northampton

I doubt this.

What do you doubt? I've said we're looking at players that, last season, played for Brentford, Leyton Orient etc. and that we're not signing Robbie Fowler! That's 100% the truth!

How do you know this though? :? Why can't you name the players names? :? Who's your source? :?

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Connor":va2mg9vv said:
soccerpilgrim":va2mg9vv said:
Hello,

COYG,

Well I've been told from somebody in the know, Peter Ridsdale and Peter Reid have been in talks with a Former PL Striker, who would gurantee at least 20 goals a season at this level, and has previously worked with Peter Reid at Sunderland.And he also tells me, this year he's 100% confident it will happen, and the Herald will run a big story on it tomorrow.

Got it...

DANNY DICHIO

C

Connor Clarke

LiskeardLooney":2p4jlse9 said:
Connor":2p4jlse9 said:
soccerpilgrim":2p4jlse9 said:
Hello,

COYG,

Well I've been told from somebody in the know, Peter Ridsdale and Peter Reid have been in talks with a Former PL Striker, who would gurantee at least 20 goals a season at this level, and has previously worked with Peter Reid at Sunderland.And he also tells me, this year he's 100% confident it will happen, and the Herald will run a big story on it tomorrow.

Got it...

DANNY DICHIO

:)

Close, I was on about Milton Nunez- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_N%C3%BA%C3%B1ez

Aug 7, 2010
Connor":1ygrc2xv said:
soccerpilgrim":1ygrc2xv said:
Hello,

COYG,

No offence mate but your source is a BS'er. "The herald will run a big story on it tommorow"- yeah, really.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
How do you know this though? :? Why can't you name the players names? :? Who's your source? :?

I respect your thoughts - that this doesn't seem reliable. I know this from an official at Argyle but I can't say who but I promise it's not Groundskeeper Willie or the Steward from Block 12. I can't name the players names as the information is confidential and shouldn't leak. If you wish to ignore this thread because you think this is rubbish, then I respect this. Just look out for the names released by the clubs I've mentioned.

C

Connor Clarke

Compton Green":2kdqc5xk said:
Connor":2kdqc5xk said:
soccerpilgrim":2kdqc5xk said:
Hello,

COYG,

No offence mate but your source is a BS'er. "The herald will run a big story on it tommorow"- yeah, really.

You do realise I was joking right? :oops: