Mason to Cardiff? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mason to Cardiff?

Feb 23, 2008
Heard a rumour today from a normally reliable source that Mason was/is going to Cardiff for a medical?

Apologies if it's on here already, couldn't see anything though?

chunkymonkey78":2e6crp3t said:
Heard a rumour today from a normally reliable source that Mason was/is going to Cardiff for a medical?

Would Cardiff do any dealings with Ridsdale? I suppose he may have promised them that if they brought Mason now they could have Nelson for nothing next season! :cool:

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
matteh.":usesac2s said:
Think you've heard what I've heard.

As discussed this afternoon :)

Seeing as it is out of the bag, if I hear anything further I'll let everyone know, seeing as it doesn't seem so secret anymore.

Sep 22, 2009
St Budeaux
I thought that we were supposed to be building a new squad now. We have to keep players like Mason and Nelson to build a team round....IMHO

A

Anonymous

Pontypoolgreen":22qx9o19 said:
mrrapson":22qx9o19 said:
chunkymonkey78":22qx9o19 said:

Would Cardiff do any dealings with Ridsdale? I suppose he may have promised them that if they brought Mason now they could have Nelson for nothing next season! :cool:

I heard they both have to be sold before the season starts. :x

Correct, Ponty. Mason to Cardiff for around £250k and Nelson attracting renewed interest from a north east Premier club. This will be the only source of finance for the club apart from gate receipts from pre-season friendlies. There will be no money from Heaney until the Sale and Purchase Agreement is completed .... if it ever is.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Yet another promising player given away.Will this nightmare never end.Todays Herald is full of stories about Mason staying,are they now in the lying business as well? Whatever, no disrespect to the lad just best wishes for the future.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
So the sale of players is to make up the shortfall in the exclusivity funding. Will the money from the sale of Mason go to pay the staff or partially pay Ridsdale and Guilfoyle once again?

A cynic would argue that the Sale and Purchase Agreement was signed by Heaney just so that he doesn't have to pay any more for exclusivity, apart from the "Noone" he has paid so far.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
StBudoGreen":n487e8se said:
I thought that we were supposed to be building a new squad now. We have to keep players like Mason and Nelson to build a team round....IMHO

We don't have any cash! We need to sell them in order to get some money to fund about 10 much cheaper and lower quality players.

A

Anonymous

PL2 3DQ":2aqn1o4b said:
So the sale of players is to make up the shortfall in the exclusivity funding. Will the money from the sale of Mason go to pay the staff or partially pay Ridsdale and Guilfoyle once again?

A cynic would argue that the Sale and Purchase Agreement was signed by Heaney just so that he doesn't have to pay any more for exclusivity, apart from the "Noone" he has paid so far.

Spot on, Ian. Aided and abetted by IJN's deal making northern 'friend'!

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
I know most know this, but Joe :oops: Mason categorically does not want to leave. This makes things worse. A home grown prospect being shoved out of the door to cover a shortfall.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Well the simple fact is, if Joe doesn't want to go, he doesnt have to as he's under contract.