David Button to be back? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Button to be back?

M

MylesPAFC

Strange, I'd be surprised if he came back as I think he could do a lot better than us, but would welcome him back definitely. Fingers crossed it's not a mistake, but I do not see why they would put his name there before announcing the signing.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
MylesPAFC":39oz84ek said:
Strange, I'd be surprised if he came back as I think he could do a lot better than us, but would welcome him back definitely. Fingers crossed it's not a mistake, but I do not see why they would put his name there before announcing the signing.

:iagree: would love him back too, I'm really not sure why he's name is on the list but if he enjoyed his time here then he'll probably accept a return but, then again, never heard of a good season as one where you're relegated... I'm sure we'll see Button moving clubs either on loan or permanently soon though, so we'll see if he joins us or another club

Jan 2, 2006
I noticed Button was there too along with Zubar. Also that Damien Johnson is not there. Probably just a mistake though

C

Connor Clarke

matteh.":5ee7eh0d said:
Human error.

:iagree:

As much as I would like to see Button back, Spurs and 'Arry would much rather see him learning his trade at a higher level than League 2.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
BojanTheGreat":pncygf32 said:
I noticed Button was there too along with Zubar. Also that Damien Johnson is not there. Probably just a mistake though

Oh yeah. That leads me onto another rumour, Reading are interested in signing Johnson on a season-long loan. However, due to the Salary Cap, the deal is a difficult one to complete apparently.

C

Connor Clarke

soccerpilgrim":2gopbcr8 said:
BojanTheGreat":2gopbcr8 said:

Oh yeah. That leads me onto another rumour, Reading are interested in signing Johnson on a season-long loan. However, due to the Salary Cap, the deal is a difficult one to complete apparently.

There isn't a Salary Cap in the Championship?

... Better rumour next time please, some of yours are truly cack. sorry :lol:

C

Connor Clarke

Oh yeah. That leads me onto another rumour, Reading are interested in signing Johnson on a season-long loan. However, due to the Salary Cap, the deal is a difficult one to complete apparently.[/quote]

There isn't a Salary Cap in the Championship?

... Better rumour next time please, some of yours are truly cack. sorry :lol:[/quote]

I'm assuming his point is that we don't want to loan him out as it would mean us still paying some of his wages. If we sold him we wouldn't.[/quote]

I hope so, but why would Reading want Damien Johnson?

C

Connor Clarke

matteh.":37bqkvek said:
Because he's still a very good player.

Why wouldn't they want him?

I don't think he's Championship Playoff Finalists, Standard.

C

Connor Clarke

matteh.":zy6qim9r said:
Connor":zy6qim9r said:
For all you know smart arse he may have meant Reading's salary cap

I doubt Reading have a salary cap. :oops:

So what, they have an infinite wage budget?

:lol: I've got myself into a mess here... ur... Yes they do! :roll: :wink: :|

Apr 7, 2010
plympton
He was On-loan for the day before the Saints away game last season so i dont know if the System has set up a year contract so it still hasn't gone through about him leaving on the Argyle system yet? :?