Training at Marjons! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Training at Marjons!

Mar 10, 2011
I have heard from a good source at marjons, that Argyle struck a deal with Marjons on free use of their facilities in return for free match day hospitality and free match day tickets for students and staff if this is true then why do us true loyal fans have to pay for it in our season tickets for? That is why ST's are not much cheaper than last season!!!

Jan 2, 2010
Realistically, the training facilities are worth more than the amount of free tickets that will be used.

Good deal if true.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Shadowknight":3qeaonog said:
Realistically, the training facilities are worth more than the amount of free tickets that will be used.

Good deal if true.

Its just another bunch of people getting freebies which the rest of us (if we have a ST) will be supporting and I'm rather fed up with it.

Lets hope this isnt true!

Jul 2, 2008
Cambridgeshire
tonycholwell":boxyxvi9 said:
Shadowknight":boxyxvi9 said:

Good deal if true.

Its just another bunch of people getting freebies which the rest of us (if we have a ST) will be supporting and I'm rather fed up with it.

Lets hope this isnt true!

I fail to see the logic behind this?

Pay X amount for training facilites, presumably from PAFC income (ie ST sales).

Or receive the use of very good training facilities in return for some free tickets and some discounted tickets for people that might otherwise not be interested?

And anyway, why would just ST holders and not POTD sales be "paying for it"?

High horse if ever I saw one.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
I believe Marjons was on the CVA, probably for monies owed from last season. I think the main benefit for the college will be access to elite athletes for their students' coursework/experience. If it's a mutually beneficial arrangement then the hospitality is part of the deal and no-one else's business.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
pafc1985":2yqbou27 said:
I have heard from a good source at marjons, that Argyle struck a deal with Marjons on free use of their facilities in return for free match day hospitality and free match day tickets for students and staff if this is true then why do us true loyal fans have to pay for it in our season tickets for? That is why ST's are not much cheaper than last season!!!

Perhaps that explains why Blocks 15 to 18 have been closed to season ticket holders, is this where the MarJon staff and students will sit?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
PL2 3DQ":1sqps9v7 said:
Perhaps that explains why Blocks 15 to 18 have been closed to season ticket holders, is this where the MarJon staff and students will sit?

They haven't been closed 'to season ticket holders' they have been closed, period.

This means fewer stewards will be required to ensure segregation of the two sets of fans amongst other savings.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
What's wrong with free tickets? We did it all the time last season to schools etc. If it gets us Marjons it is a fantastic deal.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
pafc1985":1zogqrvi said:

Just spoke to my sister who has worked at Marjons for over 20 years and her son (my nephew) goes to Argyle and she knows nothing about this