Sale and Purchase Agreement | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sale and Purchase Agreement

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
The Sale and Purchase agreement was reported to be "legally-binding". What does it mean and what are the penalties if Heaney fails to complete? Anyone?

A

Anonymous

storming":2hxwyg0u said:
The Sale and Purchase agreement was reported to be "legally-binding". What does it mean and what are the penalties if Heaney fails to complete? Anyone?
probably the same penalties for moving the deadlines............. nowt
its all been a sham

It depends, if Heaney's solicitors really did provide an undertaking that the funds were available to complete, I would imagine they would be having a restless night. Breach is serious misconduct and Guilfoyle could look to sue.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Chancellor":r6mjiu9a said:
It depends, if Heaney's solicitors really did provide an undertaking that the funds were available to complete, I would imagine they would be having a restless night. Breach is serious misconduct and Guilfoyle could look to sue.

That is how I read it, but, I should think the solicitors would have been sufficiently canny to make their undertaking subject to contingencies, which would give them wriggle room.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
Thanks for your replies. So "legally-binding" could mean nothing or heavy penalties that Heaney could add to his list of payments-due.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
storming":o5oprplr said:
Thanks for your replies. So "legally-binding" could mean nothing or heavy penalties that Heaney could add to his list of payments-due.

The words that spring to mind are "not worth the paper it's printed on" :wtf: