Radio Devon BG.(Interview page 3 - merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Radio Devon BG.(Interview page 3 - merged)

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
A brief summary for the exiles.

He feels this is the only deal. Only BIL would pay the exclusivity money. Very sure that the deal will go through. Still waiting on the FL for the Golden Share.

Didn't convince at all when probed as to whether BIL actually have the money to complete.

Lots of I have been assured.

My own opinion ...... BIL don't have a pot to pi$$ in :thumbdown:

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
I heard that.

Brendan sounded rather depressed. Then again, he often does.

He seems to be blaming the League for taking such a long time to do their due diligence. Shame the interviewer didn't point out to him that the time the process is taking is not entirely unconnected with the nature of the proposed deal, which is problematic for the League on grounds of the two clubs rule and lack of clarity of true ownership, inter alia.

A

Anonymous

dennis the menace":3uey2236 said:
So who is the 'one secured creditor' BIL have yet to reach an agreement with?

Lombard - despite reputably offering £1.89m to settle the £2.1m debt. As part of RBS, Lombard have to be assured the funds are in place and the source of those funds before they can reach agreement with Bishop International Ltd as a secured creditor.

A

Anonymous

Apparently, Brenda overslept!

He's not good with deadlines, is he?

A

Anonymous

Andy_Symons":1ymd15yw said:
i think the most interesting thing about this interview was the fact that it was originally due for 7.15, with Chris Webb to follow, but somehow Chris was up first so didn't have the chance to answer anything BG had to say.

It takes a worried man...

I understand from Chris that Brendan apparently overslept! So Chris stepped in earlier than anticipated.

Jun 27, 2006
Cornwall
The main point for me was BG's statement that it would be sorted "next week." Friday the 12th is D-Day and he says he is in daily contact with BIL and they continue to assure him that the deal will go through. He sounded tired, exasperated and downright fed up, no doubt due in part to being woken up to do the interview....

What I wanted to hear was that the 12th was a definite cut off point but he continues to evade that and is putting all his faith in Heaney being honest and upfront. In the meantime he is full of admiration for Reid and Ridsdale as they continue to bail out the water and keep the ship afloat and I echo that sentiment. Oh, how 3 points tomorrow will calm the nerves of the next seven days!

B

bandwagon

IJN":3unul7y0 said:
Apparently, Brenda overslept!

He's not good with deadlines, is he?

You just can't odds it can you - £300 per hour and the f*cker oversleeps!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
dennis the menace":305384a4 said:

How long has "BIL" been the preferred bidder? Coming up to 3 months.

Yet there is still no agreement with Lombard.

Strange.

Furthermore, one issue Brendan could possibly have given more thought to: it's one thing to offer the highest settlement, but it's entirely another to deliver it.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Peter_Jones":2fpfgt22 said:
dennis the menace":2fpfgt22 said:

How long has "BIL" been the preferred bidder? Coming up to 3 months.

Yet there is still no agreement with Lombard.

Strange.

Furthermore, one issue Brendan could possibly have given more thought to: it's one thing to offer the highest settlement, but it's entirely another to deliver it.

Exactly - this deal is dead in the water methinks!

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Just a thought

Is there still a 700K liability on BIL for their PB status which needs to be paid even if they are unable to complete?

That would explain why things are being strung out before admitting defeat :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Brendan in a typically rambling interview interestingly made no reference to the following quote which essentially underpinned the press release yesterday, particularly as it seems that he will not grant a contractual extension beyond 12th August

"We have written to Bishop International Limited asking them to come up with additional funds because they have been unable to complete the purchase of the club before the start of the new season this Saturday.

Therefore, why make a plea for additional funds when you allegedly have confidence that the Sale and Purchase Agreement will complete in six working days time complete with Football League and major secured creditor approval? Surely, then the payment of wages for August will be assured.

I suspect what has happened is that his senior partners have lent on him rather heavily after learning that he had slipped an 'indefinite extension by agreement with both parties' clause into the Sale and Purchase Agreement that would extend the period of the 'unfunded' administration. I understand he was very angry that this information had crept into the public domain. This might explain a few things regarding the actions of a man under pressure with regard to his professional reputation and decision making.