Monthly wage | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Monthly wage

Apr 21, 2011
Brenda says in today’s Herald that he needs £270,000 to cover the staff wages for August. Now I know that ‘staff’ wages will include the admin staff, coaches, football in the community guys, etc, in addition to the players, but even if the total number of staff equalled 50 then that’s an average wage of £5,200 per month (£65k / annum) each. That’s some pretty decent wages for admin staff and youth players.

Is the wage bill really £270k? If it is, then the annual wage bill is 3.2 million and I’m truly scared!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
You forgot to take account of Brenda's £300 an hour for the month and Ridsdales £25,000 for the month.

Brenda...£300 an hour, 40 hour week, £12,000 a week - £50,000 a month?

Methinks I retired too early!

M

MylesPAFC

Staff might have been promised the rest of last months wages as well though.

Hope that is not the monthly wage bill, we are in even deeper trouble if it is.

T

Tim Chown

Andy_S":3ul7rogn said:

I hope he's only bleddy charging for the hours done!!

L

lostinleeds

Remember that the adminstrator (£300 an hour) plus the Riddler & Dave Jones are all on the wage bill at the moment. The latter two have probably been able to set their own wage to a large extent.

The only big wage players we can have left are Walton, Larrieu, Fletcher and Johnson, and as the latter is off on loan presumably we won't be paying a significant portion of his salary. The only other possibility is that some of the new players have been promised "Seth Johnson" style wages!! Hopefully that isn't true.

L

Laughter My Ploy

FJN79":1jvaporq said:
Brenda says in today’s Herald that he needs £270,000 to cover the staff wages for August. Now I know that ‘staff’ wages will include the admin staff, coaches, football in the community guys, etc, in addition to the players, but even if the total number of staff equalled 50 then that’s an average wage of £5,200 per month (£65k / annum) each. That’s some pretty decent wages for admin staff and youth players.

Is the wage bill really £270k? If it is, then the annual wage bill is 3.2 million and I’m truly scared!

From the Ridsdale at PASALB thread

£8.4M wage bill on £4.9M turnover last year

It know its all figures and comapring them is a very slippery business...whats included eg on costs pensions and whats not

But that figure would be very scary indeed even if turnover was to hold up to anywhere last years level (the club are down on Season Ticket sales so at the moment its not looking likely)

The PBs are meant to be covering the shortfall during this season (although I beleive I recall Ridsdale saying he would have to get in extra money/investment as that even that wouldnt be enough)

Ridsdale also said he might have to rewrite his business plan in light of ST sales. I wonder which version and what figures the Football League have.

L

lostinleeds

Laughter My Ploy":3tkeykiq said:
Ridsdale also said he might have to rewrite his business plan in light of ST sales. I wonder which version and what figures the Football League have.

Is the claim that the Riddler was budgeting for 5000 ST true, or is it another 'PASOTI fact'? There is a difference between aiming for 5000, and budgeting for that many. If it is true that his budget was based of 5000 ST sales then is shows that the Riddlers budgeting skills leave a lot to be desired, not that that should surprise anyone!

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
GreenGuy":ei0trigp said:
Andy_S":ei0trigp said:

I hope he's only bleddy charging for the hours done!!
That figure is for the whole of the admin team though isnt it? But even if it is it is still sky high.

Jul 7, 2006
LostinLeeds":c451f63h said:
Laughter My Ploy":c451f63h said:

Is the claim that the Riddler was budgeting for 5000 ST true, or is it another 'PASOTI fact'? There is a difference between aiming for 5000, and budgeting for that many. If it is true that his budget was based of 5000 ST sales then is shows that the Riddlers budgeting skills leave a lot to be desired, not that that should surprise anyone!

You are IMO just making mischief. There are nearly 3,000 STs sold and if it wasn't for this long drawn out process going on then certainly there would be another 2,000 sold. As a target figure to base a budget on, 5,000 was and is very reachable. You seem to forget that many people have held back purchase of STs because of lack of confidence in the current Admin nonsense going on. Also we had an average of well over 8,000 gates last few seasons. So your assessment of PR's budgeting skills holds no water at all. Moreover, if we don't get 5,000 Sts as a base then this club will probably go out of existence sooner rather than later.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
narrowboat":1vhhma0r said:
LostinLeeds":1vhhma0r said:
Laughter My Ploy":1vhhma0r said:

You are IMO just making mischief. There are nearly 3,000 STs sold and if it wasn't for this long drawn out process going on then certainly there would be another 2,000 sold. As a target figure to base a budget on, 5,000 was and is very reachable. You seem to forget that many people have held back purchase of STs because of lack of confidence in the current Admin nonsense going on. Also we had an average of well over 8,000 gates last few seasons. So your assessment of PR's budgeting skills holds no water at all. Moreover, if we don't get 5,000 Sts as a base then this club will probably go out of existence sooner rather than later.

Since when have we ever sold 5,000 STs in the bottom division? Why do we expect people to turn up in greater numbers than ever before after an unprecedented double relegation?

In our record breaking championship season we had just won 4 out of 5 with a 3-2 win a Exeter the most recent result - next home attendance 4,227.

Apr 21, 2011
Talking of them up the A38, I've just been discussing the wage bill with a City fan and he's adament that their annual staff costs are £2 million a year, which works out at £166k per month.That just makes me even more terrorfied that Brenda and the Riddler are absolutely milking the club