Paul Buttivant | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paul Buttivant

Nov 12, 2003
The asuumption in the local media (and here on PASOTI) is that James Brent will try to rescue Argyle if the Bishop International takeover fails. However, isn't Paul Buttivant also likely to express an interest ?

The last I heard he was employing a private investigator to examine the administration process, which makes me think that he must be pretty serious about stepping in if he can see an opportunity. I am assuming his bid was be similar to Heaney's (i.e. raise money by developing Home Park). This makes me think he would be in a position to offer more money to the club's creditors- assuming he can prove he has funds- and would therefore be the administrator's next option.

Does anyone know more about the situation regarding Buttivant ? Has the administrator or council had comunications with Buttivant's representatives recently ?

A

Anonymous

That's MY big fear, I must admit.

His timing was bad last time, and I fear he might pop up again.

Let's hope he hasn't got a 'If I can't have it, no one can' attitude, but his name has given me a few nightmares.

Apparently he's a really nice bloke, but he's a bit of a Walter Mitty type.

The good thing is, IF Heaney fails to come up with the goods, it's Brenda's choice, and I doubt if Brenda would deviate from JB for the second time.

L

Laughter My Ploy

The last I heard he was employing a private investigator to examine the administration process, which makes me think that he must be pretty serious about stepping in if he can see an opportunity.

That investigation had the opposite effect on me....far from making him seem serious I filed him under b for bonkers

(sorry postey)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":11od8kvt said:
I doubt if Brenda would deviate from JB for the second time.

I doubt it as well. Remember that Brenda won't accept a bit without concrete evidence of funding :doh:

Jul 18, 2011
But if he does prove funding then BG is legally obliged to take whoever offers the most money to creditors. I think Buttivant is a worse option than even Heaney....

A

Anonymous

I don't that that's true actually.

He has to take the best deal, not the most money. Think about it, there is a difference (I think).

R

Rupert

He hasn't appeared in the pages of the Herald or the WMN since July 7, after he threated to summon private detectives to scare Guilfoyle. I doubt the club are expecting to hear from him again.

A

Anonymous

I think you're wrong Rupert.

I'd bank money of them expecting to hear from him again.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
IJN":2qv1y0eb said:

He has to take the best deal, not the most money. Think about it, there is a difference (I think).

Comapny administration was reformed in 2001 to make it more 'objective-led'.

BG's objectives are - in order:
1) To rescue the company as a going concern,
2) To achieve a better result for the creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up without first being in administration,
or if the administrator thinks neither of these objectives is reasonably practicable
3) To realise property in order to make a distribution to secured or preferential creditors.

Jon

R

Rupert

IJN":gjtbnanx said:
I think you're wrong Rupert.

I'd bank money of them expecting to hear from him again.

OK. Delete "expecting". Insert "hoping". I seem to recall Ridsdale advising the media that wasting time writing about Buttivant wasn't the best use of their resources, or something to that effect.

:roll:

M

MylesPAFC

If Brenda let Buttivant back in after the whole private detectives saga, then it would really be the final straw in terms of how he has gone about this process.

I wouldn't have minded Buttivant, would have preferred him considerably more than Heaney, but he hasn't reacted in the way that I would have hoped. Brent has acted in a truly professional and considerate manner, and for me the "contingency plan" is by far the best option available to us.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
JonB":3ucqy6q9 said:
IJN":3ucqy6q9 said:

Comapny administration was reformed in 2001 to make it more 'objective-led'.

BG's objectives are - in order:
1) To rescue the company as a going concern,
2) To achieve a better result for the creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up without first being in administration,
or if the administrator thinks neither of these objectives is reasonably practicable
3) To realise property in order to make a distribution to secured or preferential creditors.

Jon
I thought administrators always had to get the best deal for the creditors above all? Then rescue?

A

Anonymous

Rupert":9c3xji0t said:
I seem to recall Ridsdale advising the media that wasting time writing about Buttivant wasn't the best use of their resources, or something to that effect.

:roll:

Is that Riddlish for 'the man's as nutty as a fruitcake?

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Abbotts Ann Green":2alim8a5 said:
But if he does prove funding then BG is legally obliged to take whoever offers the most money to creditors. I think Buttivant is a worse option than even Heaney....

But don't forget - he has to actually get the most money for the creditors, not just the promise of more money for the creditors.

There's a big difference between the two.