Players travel for tomorrow | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players travel for tomorrow

M

MylesPAFC

Seen on Hitchcock's twitter that the players have gone up today.

Who is funding them to stay overnight up there, a supporters group? I thought we had no money.

L

Laughter My Ploy

MylesPAFC":2vptsarp said:

Who is funding them to stay overnight up there, a supporters group? I thought we had no money.

If only someone with an interest in hotels also had an interest in Argyle

O

oggyale

I bet they have taken all the camping gear with them,and asked a nice farmer beforehand if they can set up camp on his land.

I can just see Reid now leading the camp fire sing-song.

In return,they will milk the cows in the morning....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
There are plenty of empty longboats in the Upper Severn area waiting for overnighters. They will feel invigorated rocking on their moorings all night in a deep sleep.

L

Laughter My Ploy

cleaner":3u61liq4 said:
MylesPAFC":3u61liq4 said:

Who is funding them to stay overnight up there
, a supporters group? I thought we had no money.
That's what i asked the coach driver

What was his answer?

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
They are supposedly fit young men a journey like that is nothing to them.They travelled by plane several times last year and look what a disaster that was.It's about time they were treated like men and not babies perhaps then they might work a bit harder.

M

Marcus The Green

green grandad":2lw33ngd said:
Why do they need to travel today for such a short journey?

Preparation is key now-a-days. Surely you've been on a long haul coach trip? They take it out of you! Getting somewhere with an hour, or even two, to spare and having to shake off the stiffness of a journey, unpack, eat, change & warm up isn't the best preparation to a game of professional football. If we travel on the day to games, we put ourselves at a disadvantage before skill levels are even discussed.

We must have the money or maybe some sort of deal to be able to stay the night before, I doubt any organisation in the country will book us in without an upfront payment in our current state.

T

Tim Chown

green grandad":2lvhr9b3 said:
They are supposedly fit young men a journey like that is nothing to them.They travelled by plane several times last year and look what a disaster that was.It's about time they were treated like men and not babies perhaps then they might work a bit harder.

:crazy:

Feb 29, 2008
green grandad":2g1ed9az said:

The England cricket team has been turned into a winning side by working on the tiniest of things; who passes the ball to the bloke who shines the ball, he who has the least sweatiest palms shines the ball (all worked out by scientists), the result, we are one of the top sides in the world!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Marcus The Green":jomm3tkh said:
Preparation is key now-a-days.

Quite. Before SKY came along, certain no one would have thought of this.

The Latin origins of the word merely help confirm that.