Football League Show | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Football League Show

Nov 6, 2010
Even when the Premiership hasn't started yet, and there is no Match of the Day, the BBC still put it on at midnight, preferring to show a film that's been on many times before! Shows just what they think of lower league football.

C

Connor Clarke

It will be well worth the 20 seconds we get, at some idle time past 1am :thumbup:

C

Cult Of Personality

Just waited till the monday and you get the 2 half mins of action online

Football league show is terrible because of Steve Calridge

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
crickeypafc":9j7w78y5 said:
Just waited till the monday and you get the 2 half mins of action online

Football league show is terrible because of Steve Calridge

I agree Steve 'I've never got anything good to say, because I'm SOOOO negative'

TOOL.....

I actually hate him

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
There must be lots of footage to get in with stacks of editing. The later the programme goes out, the more time the editorial staff have to prepare. It doesn't magically appear on our screens

T

Tim Chown

Hey, I like it too!

Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
GreenGuy":21s759d0 said:
Hey, I like it too!

Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Haha!
"Why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box."
"Your **** jumps out of your pants, you jump out of this plane!"

C

Cult Of Personality

I love con air to its one of nic cage best films so I don't mind tonight the fl show being on later

Aug 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":ibigu1u1 said:
There must be lots of footage to get in with stacks of editing. The later the programme goes out, the more time the editorial staff have to prepare. It doesn't magically appear on our screens

Exactly! There's a team at Gerrard's Cross that get all the footage in from feeds around the country. Some of these feeds don't come through until 9pm! So you've got an hour max before deadline to get the story in for a load of games. The Producers are given a certain amount of time for each division - now if you've got a high scoring game or something interesting happens in a match then obviously a 0-0 result or a 1-1 is going to get very little air time.
Meanwhile there's the team back in West London that deal with 2 main games, the Clemmo Piece plus the openers/closers bits and pieces. Then across the road from there is the studio where the presenters and producer piece it all together.

At the end of the day - people can debate about Steve Claridge all they like - that's fine, he's like marmite that bloke - they can also justifiably complain when Rory Fallon is mistaken for someone that's half his side. That's a silly mistake that makes us all cringe. However I know for a fact that a lot of the Footie League team are experienced people. Some of them are the same people that give us the "World Cup highlights" or the bbc Tennis highlights, or the Snooker coverage. Sometimes there are limitations - if the budget isn't top end then you have to deal with less personel to deal with matches, less top end commentators, not a big enough budget for a decent amount of editors etc... I could go on. I agree with many people on these forums about some of the silly mistakes, or even when they perhaps miss a story (I often email the guys about the Plymouth saga) at the same time they know what's going on but sometimes you can't say something without full facts or you can't see to be bias or you just run out of time.