Mini Comp: Football League Show Argyle Coverage Prediction | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mini Comp: Football League Show Argyle Coverage Prediction

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
As we're so well regarded by the guys at FLS... :roll: - who's up for a little prediction game on how long (to the nearest second) our coverage will be tonight?

Counter is started as soon as the pitch comes onto the screen during play (so after the kits/logos bit).

To add something to the "fun" - the winner can have 50 free credits on Purefootball.net (if you've got an account/would like one).

My bet: 23 seconds. :cool:

Aug 22, 2006
Posts like this crack me up.
I think you will find that last season the football league show showed more coverage of us and talked about us more times than lets say a club like Doncaster.

There were 2 goals - apparently one really good save from Cole.
So teams out for 8 seconds with some spill about Peter Reid giving debuts to 9 players...
The Shrewsbury goal, maybe the great save and then the equaliser which should include a pay off line about our club being in disarray for so long.
Why do we deserve more than lets say 35 seconds for a 1-1 draw? There might be a quick Reidy interview for 10 seconds - so no more than 45 seconds.

I don't understand how people can't work out that there are so many games to cover, so many topics to talk about - how we could justify more than a minute? Even 30 seconds! It's not a 3 hour show! It's not match of the day which only covers half a dozen games or so, plus there's only a short turnaround.
By the way there were apparently budget cuts on the Football League show. That should please you all!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
MAZZA26":27mgushx said:
Posts like this crack me up.
I think you will find that last season the football league show showed more coverage of us and talked about us more times than lets say a club like Doncaster.

There were 2 goals - apparently one really good save from Cole.
So teams out for 8 seconds with some spill about Peter Reid giving debuts to 9 players...
The Shrewsbury goal, maybe the great save and then the equaliser which should include a pay off line about our club being in disarray for so long.
Why do we deserve more than lets say 35 seconds for a 1-1 draw? There might be a quick Reidy interview for 10 seconds - so no more than 45 seconds.

I don't understand how people can't work out that there are so many games to cover, so many topics to talk about - how we could justify more than a minute? Even 30 seconds! It's not a 3 hour show! It's not match of the day which only covers half a dozen games or so, plus there's only a short turnaround.
By the way there were apparently budget cuts on the Football League show. That should please you all!
The highest guess is 56 seconds. Okay I'll go for 1m 10s from the first mention to the last. :) :) :)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Aerok":1es32ocm said:
MAZZA26":1es32ocm said:

They can't afford Claridge anymore? (fingers crossed)
Unlucky, he's still there.