peterridsdale.com | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

peterridsdale.com

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I'll make two points very briefly:

1.) Looking at that site makes me want to vomit.

2.) I find it deeply concerning that he is suddenly so interested in raising his public profile to others in the football world. Sadly that speaks volumes.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
He looks like Dracula in that photo.

Like SL_85 says it looks very much like someone preparing their next venture in life. After dinner speaking might be the next logical step for him.

G

Greenskin

I stand to be corrected,but i thought the administrator was appointed by the club,not the courts as Mr Ridsdale states?

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Tavypilgrim":2mslbuxr said:
He looks like Dracula in that photo.

Like SL_85 says it looks very much like someone preparing their next venture in life. After dinner speaking might be the next logical step for him.
That was it! I couldnt put my finger on who it looked like.

Taft

Administrator
Staff member
✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 7, 2008
How the heck did we end up with this vapid, self-righteous football parasite/pariah being the only viable owner of PAFC? Sorry, but I really do think that Stapleton has a hell of a lot to answer for in making some seriously bad judgment calls, both in terms of choosing "investors" (aka - if I am being cynical - people to buy shares and thereby pay money to him and the other owners) and also who to buddy up with when things go wrong.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
So apart from selling off players to keep HMRC at bay before the inevitable administration what exactly has PR contributed to keeping the club going? He distances himself from all the subsequent goings on here.

Is he really the only person that could have done that as people are saying?

O

ooozzzelll

Apparently "Everyone seems to have forgotten that the Club was insolvent and went into administration."

I don't know anyone who's forgotten, and nobody on these boards seem to have. Maybe I misread it, after all it is from the "straight talking" Peter Ridsdale. Must be my mistake.

Based on the replies, never the responsibility of the Riddler, it seems it's Brenda who should have an internet blog. But he'd need paying of course - highest bidders anywhere?

L

lostinleeds

Greenskin":3dpezr1u said:
I stand to be corrected,but i thought the administrator was appointed by the club,not the courts as Mr Ridsdale states?

According to thisisdevon.com the club appointed the administator.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Guilfoyle-takes-Argyle/story-11697305-detail/story.html

"The club have appointed Brendan Guilfoyle as administrator and he will now seek a buyer for the stricken club."
"He heads the Leeds-based office of The P&A Partnership, who were hand-picked by Argyle directors two weeks ago on the advice of Peter Ridsdale."

And the BBC agrees!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9414349.stm

The 2002 Enterprise Act (points 5.1/5.2/5.3 below) states that the directors of a company can appoint an administrator out of court as long as they hold a 'floating charge', which basically appears to just mean that they own a sufficient proportion of the company to make the appointment valid.

http://www.slaughterandmay.com/media/38950/enterprise_act_2002_-_insolvency_aspects.pdf

Dec 3, 2005
Like him or loathe him - at this moment in time, he IS part of a possible deal, that will SAVE our club!!

Maybe, if you bear this in mind, SUPPORTERS should lay - off the personal attacks.

Because if he gets peed off with the flack that he seems to be getting and actually walks away, that will be the END of Argyle as the club we know and love.

The most important thing at this moment in time - IS TO SAVE ARGYLE!!