Season ticket refunds? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Season ticket refunds?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
I ask this on behalf of my Uncle(a technology phobic kind of chap)...

If the club goes bust tomorrow or next week, is all the season ticket money lost, or would it be refunded?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Tavypilgrim":2fpww50i said:

If the club goes bust tomorrow or next week, is all the season ticket money lost, or would it be refunded?

We were TOLD that the unspent portion (pro rata by games) would be returned.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
The Doctor":3b4ekkxy said:
Tavypilgrim":3b4ekkxy said:

We were TOLD that the unspent portion (pro rata by games) would be returned.

Who told us out of interest? I hope to put his mind at rest, but if the answer is 'Guilfoyle' I don't think it will.

A

Arch Stanton

Tavypilgrim":3u33f3fx said:

In all my time on PASOTI I think that is possibly the most depressing question I have seen..

All this mess is really starting to hit home now :sad:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The money is in a separate bank account I believe.

Think the answer will be Guilfoyle, who will also be in control of said account I think.
:think:

Feb 21, 2008
I have mine on direct debit which i will be cancelling immediately following some news I hope not to hear but may well do tomorrow :cry:

Aug 17, 2011
This is a bit confusing. If you have set up an agreement with Zebra to pay by installments then you have signed to a set term "loan". They send the full amount to the club and you pay it back each month. If the club goes into liquidation then you still owe the money to Zebra, unless the club sends it back to them as it is officially their money. I cannot see that happening. So you will still owe Zebra and have nothing to show for it. Once you have signed a contract with them if you cancel the DD you are classed as in default and this can bring you a raft of legal issues. The paperwork does state if you experience a loss of service or provisions you have to approach the club. If I am wrong in my assumption then do say. :think:

If you have paid cash up front then you would join a list of being owed money. I do not beleive for one minute the ring fencing of this money has happened. Thats what was said at Cardiff and Mr Ridsdale is due in court next month for using the ring fenced money for other things. If liquidation happens then I think our money is gone. Yes we have paid money also.

Feb 21, 2008
Singaporeglen":3vhdslim said:
This is a bit confusing. If you have set up an agreement with Zebra to pay by installments then you have signed to a set term "loan". They send the full amount to the club and you pay it back each month. If the club goes into liquidation then you still owe the money to Zebra, unless the club sends it back to them as it is officially their money. I cannot see that happening. So you will still owe Zebra and have nothing to show for it. Once you have signed a contract with them if you cancel the DD you are classed as in default and this can bring you a raft of legal issues. The paperwork does state if you experience a loss of service or provisions you have to approach the club. If I am wrong in my assumption then do say. :think:

If you have paid cash up front then you would join a list of being owed money. I do not beleive for one minute the ring fencing of this money has happened. Thats what was said at Cardiff and Mr Ridsdale is due in court next month for using the ring fenced money for other things. If liquidation happens then I think our money is gone. Yes we have paid money also.

I will still cancel and see how it pans out, if the club doesn't exist and they lent it money then more fool them, I will not be paying for games that I will never get the chance to watch, anyway I thought they drip fed them season ticket money not gave them it all up front.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Singaporeglen":24w2mwdk said:

Interesting.
:shh:

Aug 17, 2011
The Zebra paperwork said it would send the entire amount to the club in one payment. Perhaps you need to speak with them Richy as cancelling a loan agreement will lead to credit issues for you. Why do you think the club stopped taking payment by direct debit straight from your account, because you can cancel it at anytime and then they have the hassle of trying to recoup the money. They use a third party "loan" company who you are then committed to pay as you owe them money! They are clear that any recourse has to be taken up with the club. I wonder how many ST holders used Zebra? :problem:

Portsmouth are still having issues with their ST's. They do not accept credit or debit payments and on their website have a section on Zebra who are no longer recognised by the FSA. Apparently this is acceptable becuase they do not sell insurance!!

Q. If a supporter elects to pay Zebra now over a six-month interest-free arrangement, will Zebra pay the club right away?

A. There is a time delay while the arrangement is processed, but effectively the full amount is received up front by the club.

Supporters do have to pay a £20 administration fee if they use the interest-free Zebra Finance option but one transaction can be made to purchase more than one season ticket, with only one administration fee incurred.

Q. In the event of the season ticket not being provided to the purchaser, will he or she still owe the full debt to Zebra?

A. The club refused to answer this question.

This is the intersting bit for me as it shows if no club you still owe money.

Feb 21, 2008
I see that , I would however expect as stated on print media and Internet that guilfoyles ring fencing of all season ticket money covers mine also, if not I will be calling the police and reporting him for fraud as without this guarantee I would not have bought a ticket.