Old Board Members or Liquidation? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Old Board Members or Liquidation?

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Just a thought, but if some of the old board came forward to save us would this be acceptable to you? The alternative being liquidation.

May 22, 2006
Well we're in this situation because of them anyway. So it's kind of a six / half-dozen situation.

Dec 7, 2006
A reluctant yes to the old Board members but only because we would still have a club to support and could then kick them out further down the line. :cool:

C

charlee

Yes id accept.

Liquidation is not an option and i cant see why people would accept it.

B

bandwagon

No, no, no - you would seriously have to question your sanity!!

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Liquidation. I could not support a club owned by the people responsible for the suffering of staff, players and businesses, liquidation would hurt terribly but we could start again, that Argyle would be feel far closer to the one we know than any club owned by the old board and far more deserving of our support.

Mar 31, 2006
Peverell
Maybe just maybe this is why anonymity was required and all this distress and heartache was designed to make us welcome them back rather than run them outof town.. Such a cynic I know !

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Scott Prideaux":2go4vbey said:
Maybe just maybe this is why anonymity was required and all this distress and heartache was designed to make us welcome them back rather than run them outof town.. Such a cynic I know !

Cynicism is a required quality when supporting Argyle nowadays.

Oct 24, 2010
I would accept them if needs must. I don't think they are bad people just incompetent fools.

D

deanthegreenmachine

Be too painfull, rather see us start again from the bottom, were not far off that now in my opinion, we have a great ground, loyal fans, some loyal players, the trust etc, and maybe Brent would come on board....

I fear what some people may do if were liquidated tho,

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
If they could save us now, why couldn't they save us back at the start of the year?

If they had put funds in then....who knows if may have been a very different scenario today?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No.

It'll be like letting a repetitive drink driver take your car out for a pub lunch.

I've got principals and never again will i pay into any old board members idea of business and shame on anyone who does.

Mar 31, 2006
Peverell
cheshiregreen said:
If they could save us now, why couldn't they save us back at the start of the year?

If they had put funds in then....who knows if may have been a very different scenario today?[/quote

By saving argyle now they can start again saving themselves millions of debt written off .

Oct 24, 2010
I can't see them buying the club but maybe it's clutching at straws but there is a good argument for them funding the administration with say a £500,000 loan if they believe Brent's scheme is viable, which would buy the necessary time. Being secured creditors or personal guarantors of the Lombard loan it would be in their interests. Obviously they would have to believe that the Brent deal would be very likely to succeed.