Do they expect us to do nothing? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do they expect us to do nothing?

Jun 22, 2005
IF the worst happens and we are liquidated do they expect us all to go home calmly and reflect on what once was? I can only see massive problems if they padlock the gates, especially as there has been an alternative bid all along. There will be thousands of very p***ed off Argyle fans heading up to HP.

Fingers crossed that the cheque thats been in the post since May comes tomorrow......

Dec 7, 2006
Johnny Paradise":25c117i4 said:
IF the worst happens and we are liquidated do they expect us all to go home calmly and reflect on what once was? I can only see massive problems if they padlock the gates, especially as there has been an alternative bid all along. There will be thousands of very p***ed off Argyle fans heading up to HP.

Fingers crossed that the cheque thats been in the post since May comes tomorrow......

Seriously? I think you may well be seriously disappointed - Janners' apathy is well documented, I'm afraid. I can see us going with a whimper rather than a bang. :oops: :cry:

C

Connor Clarke

You know. We really should make a fight of this. I will certainly be going down to Home Park if the news we have been liquidated does come out...

B

bandwagon

Do whatever floats your boat - janners let all the 'money players' in this debacle off the hook for about the last 3 years, can't see any roit any day soon!!

Too late by far - should have been stronger months ago!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Connor":3qnaeoeu said:
You know. We really should make a fight of this. I will certainly be going down to Home Park if the news we have been liquidated does come out...

And what are you going to do when you get there?

It will probably be empty.

Big protests were needed a long time ago.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
bandwagon":1kf1vc3q said:
Do whatever floats your boat - janners let all the 'money players' in this debacle off the hook for about the last 3 years, can't see any roit any day soon!!

Too late by far - should have been stronger months ago!!
What could people have done to stop them? Snipe them from the roof of the Mayflower? The usual apathy is apparent even now, but this situation has involved insurmountable power struggles and financial problems than normal people can do anything about. It's the sheer scale of it - this is not McCauley making idle threats, it's the real thing.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Should the very worst happen (and I don't think it will: I think it's low-rent brinksmanship of the filthiest order), I would hope Argyle fans can reflect on the sterling efforts from a huge range of people over the last 8 months and, rather than form what would essentially be a circular firing squad, could use all the energy, emotion and anger and build a new club.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
cheshiregreen":3qmxhnez said:
Connor":3qmxhnez said:

Big crowds were needed an even longer time ago.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Can i take this opportunity to advise all those involved in this debacle that they may wish to consider the purchase of some heavy duty, wrought iron ear muffs.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Gareth Nicholson":3mgfud44 said:
Should the very worst happen (and I don't think it will: I think it's low-rent brinksmanship of the filthiest order), I would hope Argyle fans can reflect on the sterling efforts from a huge range of people over the last 8 months and, rather than form what would essentially be a circular firing squad, could use all the energy, emotion and anger and build a new club.
Good shout.

Jun 22, 2005
Gareth Nicholson":3hfnbpr3 said:

Indeed. Another topic I know, but would a Phoenix club have to wait until the start on next season? A FWIW there have always been the faithful 3 or 4 thousand odd Argyle fans, I can't see them all doing nothing if we go t*ts up

Feb 23, 2008
The Doctor":3rxhpiaq said:
cheshiregreen":3rxhpiaq said:
Connor":3rxhpiaq said:

Im not sure the crowd thing is a fair argument.

People seem to forget the economic climate of pretty much the last decade, its not fair to blame falling attendances solely on apathy.

Large numbers of people on here berate the current moneyman state of the game, then wonder why attendances have fallen when a gallon of fuel is 6 or 7 quid a gallon.

The turning point for me was Ollie leaving. On the brink of something big, and it was blown. Been a fan of argyle long enough to know what came next.

We all probably couldve done more, but lets bear in mind most of the decisions regarding the success of a club are out of our hands, and also, if somebodys priorities lie with their family first, that isnt apathy.

Apr 27, 2006
That's the spirit Gareth,
Some may also wish to focus effort and intellect on an economic and PR war against those responsible!

G

Greenskin

The Doctor":24cg2jm1 said:
cheshiregreen":24cg2jm1 said:
Connor":24cg2jm1 said:

Big crowds were there but not capitalised on.Unlike some other clubs that could be mentioned.