Where is the money from this months matches? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Where is the money from this months matches?

Mar 30, 2006
Plymouth
Sorry for being a bit thick on this, but my understanding is that we need in the order of £250k this month to pay wages.

We will have 3 home league games this month and the carling cup match.
In very rough terms

League games 3/23 of the entire season ticket money which if we sold say 3000@ average of £250 equates to £750k which would release £98k. For each match there were 3000 pod which at an average of £15 each would provide £135k.
So for the 3 league matches we would have revenue of approx £233k
I guess not much from the carling cup but I guess after percentage to Millwall would perhaps leave £20k

So by my simple calcs we have had £250k revenue this month and this would exclude any other revenue such as shop sales, catering etc.

I know there are non staff wage expenses but surely there must be at least £200k sitting in the bank somewhere that at the very least could pay a large percentage of wages.

Why then is there this pay day deadline that we are all worried about?

If my calcs are so wrong even if we get past this weekend how do we survive at all when are only real revenue is match day based.

As I say apologies if I am being thick but can someone explain this to me please?

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
greenandy":28pblq3p said:
Sorry for being a bit thick on this, but my understanding is that we need in the order of £250k this month to pay wages.

We will have 3 home league games this month and the carling cup match.
In very rough terms

League games 3/23 of the entire season ticket money which if we sold say 3000@ average of £250 equates to £750k which would release £98k. For each match there were 3000 pod which at an average of £15 each would provide £135k.
So for the 3 league matches we would have revenue of approx £233k
I guess not much from the carling cup but I guess after percentage to Millwall would perhaps leave £20k

So by my simple calcs we have had £250k revenue this month and this would exclude any other revenue such as shop sales, catering etc.

I know there are non staff wage expenses but surely there must be at least £200k sitting in the bank somewhere that at the very least could pay a large percentage of wages.

Why then is there this pay day deadline that we are all worried about?

If my calcs are so wrong even if we get past this weekend how do we survive at all when are only real revenue is match day based.

As I say apologies if I am being thick but can someone explain this to me please?

i would imagine there are others dipping into the pot, also electricity, gas, water etc

plus player travel expenses to away games and much much more so i would imagine next to bugger all of that money is around

Mar 30, 2006
Plymouth
So how do we stand a chance of ever coming close to breaking even if other expenses are above £50k / month? In fact how can any club survive?

I can understand utility bills being perhaps £5k month and away match expenses being say £3k per away match. Obviously insurance and other costs for say match officials etc being £10k but I cannot see it being anywhere near £250k

B

bandwagon

Don't forget the odd greasy paw dipping in for the 20 to 25k - not wages by the way, sort of retainer!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh, mr Grimsdale you've dropped something - a bollack!!

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
greenandy":3nxk7f2a said:
So how do we stand a chance of ever coming close to breaking even if other expenses are above £50k / month? In fact how can any club survive?

I can understand utility bills being perhaps £5k month and away match expenses being say £3k per away match. Obviously insurance and other costs for say match officials etc being £10k but I cannot see it being anywhere near £250k

it has previously been confirmed that Argyle would make a loss this season so they were aware of that fact and i think some of this phantom money was going towards that loss.

the business model for the next few seasons would have meant alot of cutbacks etc for next season i would imagine, ideally with johnson off the wage bill