Lets say, we come out of admin | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lets say, we come out of admin

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Not that I think we will at all! We are still dooomed in my opinion.

However, if we were to, on a blue moon, and we start again under the realm of Peter Ridsdale where is the funding for the football clubs running costs going to come from? To say, I dont know, pay HMRC? I believe part of the deal is that Heaney bankrolls the club till the end of the season, but after this fiasco do you expect him to do that? So the only conceivable revenue the club would recieve is that from gates, surely this is not enough.

Or am I completely wrong? :greensmile:

Oct 24, 2010
SurreyGreen":17pmv17m said:

However, if we were to, on a blue moon, and we start again under the realm of Peter Ridsdale where is the funding for the football clubs running costs going to come from? To say, I dont know, pay HMRC? I believe part of the deal is that Heaney bankrolls the club till the end of the season, but after this fiasco do you expect him to do that? So the only conceivable revenue the club would recieve is that from gates, surely this is not enough.

He hands over a fixed amount of money reported as £5-6m which is spent by Guilefoyle and Ridsdale paying the football creditors, Guilefoyle's fees etc and £1m+ running costs for the season. As I understand it.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
SurreyGreen":18r4c4u5 said:

if we all stick together and get up to HP every other week it will be ok,if we dont?

Mar 18, 2006
IF we survive and come out of administration, then we look forward to spending next season in the conference.

O

ooozzzelll

Johndelve":dx844h4s said:
IF we survive and come out of administration, then we look forward to spending next season in the conference.

Possibly along with Truro.

Jul 29, 2010
SurreyGreen":2wnfdn3b said:

Far be it for me to point this out Surrey but that's the very same question I have been asking since way before even the preferred bidding process started. There will simply not be enough cake to satisfy all the mouths who need to be fed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Usually when a new owner comes in and takes over a football club in trouble there is much fanfare, joy and a press conference.

If the Quick Quid Kid finally completes the deal today will there be a press conference or is it more likely the official website will issue a bland statement and QQK will sneak in the back door?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I have to say this is not the Dunkirk spirit here and on other threads.

Im not quite sure what the real question is, How do we afford to pay our way as a football club? Exactly how we did prior to the past 2-3 years. See, that wasnt quite so hard a concept was it?

Too mnay people on here seem to have given up all hope, personally, I havent. Although too many in my view seem to relish the thought of liquidation and the primitive "joy" of starting life again playing iin a south west league, I dont, because what has always been our strength will turn and become our weakness, let alone where a reformed Argyle would play as its no given that it would be Home Park.

I'll happily be at the vigil tomorrow and then inside the ground at 3.

COYGs

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
X Isle":1qyefqr1 said:
SurreyGreen":1qyefqr1 said:

Far be it for me to point this out Surrey but that's the very same question I have been asking since way before even the preferred bidding process started. There will simply not be enough cake to satisfy all the mouths who need to be fed.
far be it for me to point this out :lol: how you feeling about it all today me x? if we get what you want will you be getting involved?(AFC), i will, so in that case we may be working together, :greensmile:

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell":1aod4jkz said:

Im not quite sure what the real question is, How do we afford to pay our way as a football club? Exactly how we did prior to the past 2-3 years. See, that wasnt quite so hard a concept was it?

Too mnay people on here seem to have given up all hope, personally, I havent. Although too many in my view seem to relish the thought of liquidation and the primitive "joy" of starting life again playing iin a south west league, I dont, because what has always been our strength will turn and become our weakness, let alone where a reformed Argyle would play as its no given that it would be Home Park.

COYGs

Tony, I agree with you. The real question is that should the Sale and Purchase Agreement be completed today or early next week then the football club (PAFC 125 Ltd) will have to be run on sound business principles to survive. It is quite simple - income should match expenditure at least. With no borrowing capability it will have to. With the liabilities carried over as part of the BIL deal that will still be a stiff challenge but one in my view that is infinitely better than the alternative of a 'phoenix' club
three or more leagues down the pyramid.

Remember should Heaney and Ridsdale prevail they are only temporary custodians and guardians of our football club. The challenge for the fan base (and you won't like this, Tony) the Trust is to hold them account every step of the way.

Aug 17, 2011
How can Heaney bank roll the club, he is Truro Chairman and the rules say he cannot be involved in two clubs. Can he officially complete the deal without FL approval?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Graham Clark":39rnspeo said:
tonycholwell":39rnspeo said:

COYGs

Tony, I agree with you. The real question is that should the Sale and Purchase Agreement be completed today or early next week then the football club (PAFC 125 Ltd) will have to be run on sound business principles to survive. It is quite simple - income should match expenditure at least. With no borrowing capability it will have to. With the liabilities carried over as part of the BIL deal that will still be a stiff challenge but one in my view that is infinitely better than the alternative of a 'phoenix' club
three or more leagues down the pyramid.

Remember should Heaney and Ridsdale prevail they are only temporary custodians and guardians of our football club. The challenge for the fan base (and you won't like this, Tony) the Trust is to hold them account every step of the way.

Actually Graham I'd be very disappointed if the Trust didnt and for that matter after all that has happened over the past 3-4 years it is incumbent on all of us, Trust member or not, to view, review, challenge whilst also being supportive, carrot and stick, if you like.