Heartbreaking | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Heartbreaking

J

JamieY

Nice post.

My son is also 3.

He's been to a few games but just a bit young at the moment really. Since the day he was born i've been waiting for the time when we go off to Argyle together, home & away (I've got a 1 yr old daughter too so my wife has a shopping buddy).

The thought of not being able to do this saddens me immensely.

Top post Andy, sums it all up nicely. Without sounding condescending to anyone who isn't a football fan they just wouldn't understand.

We as fans can be assured in the knowledge that whatever happens to OUR club, we have tried, we have come together in one voice to shout and sing and dance that we love our club. The ups the downs, the laughter the tears. We are all in it together.

From Fan fests for the staff to vigils for our club, we have been there whatever the weather and for that we can always be proud of ourselves.

LONG LIVE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE F.C, they may kill off our club but they will never kill off the bond between fans that has been created and one day we will rise from the ashes once more.

I'M ARGYLE 'TIL I DIE, I'M ARGYLE 'TIL I DIE........ :cry:

Dave Stoneman

ā™£ļø SWAG Member
May 26, 2009
Ystrad Mynach
Andy_Symons":w46s11sx said:
I've seen both ends of the Argyle fan's spectrum today.

This morning I took my son to the Vigil at the Devonport End. Like any Argyle-supporting father, I want my boy to grow up supporting his local team. It's a passion my Dad instilled in me, and it's something I want to pass on to my boy. And I know I'm not alone in that.I hope IJN won't mind me mentioning what he said as he watched my hyperactive 3-year-old kicking a football around whilst wearing his replica shirt: 'Every time I see a little kid in an Argyle kit, it gets me there...' with that he gently punched his chest. I know what he means, bring 'em up right and they'll follow Argyle, bad parenting leads to Sky subscriptions and Man United on the box. Fact. Thats why the death of my football club would be beyond heartbreaking.

Then tonight my Uncle phoned me. Janner born and bred, he's as Green as they come. He and my Aunt live in Southampton now, close to their daughter, my cousin. My uncle, Trevor, isn't in the best of health, and has a lot of problems with his mobility. He thought that these problems would prevent him from ever seeing an Argyle game again; however at the start of last season, with a lot of help from Southampton FC, I was able to take both him and my Aunt to the opening game, the 1-0 win against Saints. You can imagine what that meant to them, and the sheer joy ffor them of seeing Argyle win was indescribable.

The phone conversation I had tonight was another matter. I could sense the fear - panic, almost - in my uncle's voice. He's been following Argyle since the late 1930's. He's a walking encyclopedia on Argyle (I swear, he'd be a great proof-reader for GOS). and tonight I had to go through all the latest news from Plymouth - the real reason for Zubar's departure; the duplicity of Heaney and BIL; the efforts of the supporters; the sacrifices of the fans; Peter Reid's attempts to build a team out of nothing.

In the end he was almost pleading with me for some good news. Just a little ray of light. I couldn't find anything to say that could possibly reassure. And to have to tell a man who, at almost twice my age had followed Argyle across nine(count'em - 9!) decades, that the club he loves was on the brink of destruction was something that will sit with me for years to come.

My son is Argyle future. my Uncle is Argyle past. they both deserve to have a club to support. That they may not is something that, if liquidation happens, should sit on the conscience of Guilfoyle and Heaney til their dying day. But I doubt that it will.

Heartbreaking.

Andy, where's there's life there's hope.
Just keep hoping.
Great post.

Cactus

B

bristol-green-blood

Same thoughts with my dad who was 91 in July and now lives in a care home in Plymouth. Every conversation about Argyle comes back with his words "how the hell did we get in this mess" - I have no answer and it is so frustrating. Last game we got Dad into was QPR so not a bad memory to finish on. As for me last game was Shrews away and the Fletch equaliser and us all going nuts - just hope that there are more memories like that in years to come.

C

Connor Clarke

Being only 14, I suppose you could say this club is my future, my kids future and my grandchildrens future. In 50 years time I want to be walking them down to Home Park, telling them of the dedication of staff and players from 2011, and how in the end their is always a happy ending.

P

PASTIE

I'm the third of I hope 4 generations. 4th generation has only been to one game. So far.

This thread makes me want to weep.

Top post Andy. It's utterly choking to see how these feckless idiots have brought the club to its knees.
I've got a 6 year old lad who's Argyle mad, the thought that there could be no club for him to follow is too grim to dwell on.

And then there's my 5 month old daughter - Phoebe Ava Florence Clift
Blessed with the greatest initials on earth & facing the possibility of never seeing them play...

20110402__phoebe_-9a by mart_73, on Flickr

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Andy_Symons":1hsra573 said:

This morning I took my son to the Vigil at the Devonport End. Like any Argyle-supporting father, I want my boy to grow up supporting his local team. It's a passion my Dad instilled in me, and it's something I want to pass on to my boy. And I know I'm not alone in that.I hope IJN won't mind me mentioning what he said as he watched my hyperactive 3-year-old kicking a football around whilst wearing his replica shirt: 'Every time I see a little kid in an Argyle kit, it gets me there...' with that he gently punched his chest. I know what he means, bring 'em up right and they'll follow Argyle, bad parenting leads to Sky subscriptions and Man United on the box. Fact. Thats why the death of my football club would be beyond heartbreaking.

Then tonight my Uncle phoned me. Janner born and bred, he's as Green as they come. He and my Aunt live in Southampton now, close to their daughter, my cousin. My uncle, Trevor, isn't in the best of health, and has a lot of problems with his mobility. He thought that these problems would prevent him from ever seeing an Argyle game again; however at the start of last season, with a lot of help from Southampton FC, I was able to take both him and my Aunt to the opening game, the 1-0 win against Saints. You can imagine what that meant to them, and the sheer joy ffor them of seeing Argyle win was indescribable.

The phone conversation I had tonight was another matter. I could sense the fear - panic, almost - in my uncle's voice. He's been following Argyle since the late 1930's. He's a walking encyclopedia on Argyle (I swear, he'd be a great proof-reader for GOS). and tonight I had to go through all the latest news from Plymouth - the real reason for Zubar's departure; the duplicity of Heaney and BIL; the efforts of the supporters; the sacrifices of the staff; Peter Reid's attempts to build a team out of nothing.

In the end he was almost pleading with me for some good news. Just a little ray of light. I couldn't find anything to say that could possibly reassure. And to have to tell a man who, at almost twice my age had followed Argyle across nine(count'em - 9!) decades, that the club he loves was on the brink of destruction was something that will sit with me for years to come.

My son is Argyle future. my Uncle is Argyle past. they both deserve to have a club to support. That they may not is something that, if liquidation happens, should sit on the conscience of Guilfoyle and Heaney til their dying day. But I doubt that it will.

Heartbreaking.

Cheers ya bugger!

I've got mates coming round this evening for cards and beer and I'm sitting here blubbering like a baby!!! And they're here in 10 mins!!

Oh poo!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jul 1, 2006
Great post. My Son's a Green (now 17). Had the 'choice' to support Ipswich (born in Suffolk), but as soon as he experienced an away day with Argyle there was no option. He's supported Argyle for almost the same length of time that Romain's been at the club & as he said yesterday - 'I can't imagine life without Argyle'. As for me - I went to Home Park with my Dad & have endured the ups & downs for over 40 years. In the faint thread of hope - please save our club.

Top post Andy, my voice cracked as I read your post out to my wife, I KNOW your feelings, I concur ! :clap:

Floyd_Pepper, the photo of your daughter was lovely, the initials are wonderful, we must all fight to give her the Club to support !!

:thumbup:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Andy_Symons":2px5npzy said:

The phone conversation I had tonight was another matter. I could sense the fear - panic, almost - in my uncle's voice. He's been following Argyle since the late 1930's. He's a walking encyclopedia on Argyle (I swear, he'd be a great proof-reader for GOS). and tonight I had to go through all the latest news from Plymouth - the real reason for Zubar's departure; the duplicity of Heaney and BIL; the efforts of the supporters; the sacrifices of the staff; Peter Reid's attempts to build a team out of nothing.

Heartbreaking.
:cry: :cry:

Jul 29, 2010
mrrapson":1wbwwf4h said:
Top post Andy, sums it all up nicely. Without sounding condescending to anyone who isn't a football fan they just wouldn't understand.

We as fans can be assured in the knowledge that whatever happens to OUR club, we have tried, we have come together in one voice to shout and sing and dance that we love our club. The ups the downs, the laughter the tears. We are all in it together.

From Fan fests for the staff to vigils for our club, we have been there whatever the weather and for that we can always be proud of ourselves.

LONG LIVE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE F.C, they may kill off our club but they will never kill off the bond between fans that has been created and one day we will rise from the ashes once more.

I'M ARGYLE 'TIL I DIE, I'M ARGYLE 'TIL I DIE........ :cry:

I know I nearly always use a thousand words when ten will do but this spirit expressed in this and Andy's original post is what i've been banging on about all summer long.

The club IS these little intangible things, it is spirit and unity, the mutual trust and bond between fans and, yes, if not by birth we ARE a family and values matter.

Ridsdale and Heaney can do whatever they like with the BUSINESS called Plymouth Argyle, the spirit, the unity, the values WILL carry on in one guise or another inspite of them. Businesses fail but spirit does not and we WILL get our club back.

Resurgam :huddle:

B

Brad Rickard

top posts alll round here. can't believe its come down to all this, lets hope we get through it and move on upwards! COYG'S!