Brief Synopsis!!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
1) A game when it was more about the fans than much else (although 3 points were very welcome). Lots of Brighton and other clubs in the crowd. I'm sure there will be seperate threads but "thank you" from this Argyle supporter. Fletcher and Brent took their roles well - the nervous wave from Fletch matched by one from Brent when called by the home support.

2) Argyle started well and deservedly took the lead on 20. The much maligned Feeney poaching. To be fair he had a good first-half with the ball being moved noticeably quicker to him than previous games but still mainly on the floor.

3) Walton also had a good first-half alongside Soukouna and Atkinson. There were still issues at the back with Nelson and Berry a little bit at sixes and sevens especially from long throws.

4) Cole watched two go close but otherwise was untroubled in the first 45. At the other end the Macclesfiled 'keeper had to make saves from Soukouna and Hourihane both of whom got forward well with Walton sitting in front of the back 4.

5) Argyle seemed to change tactics at half-time and went longer, pinging balls into the corners. Macclesfield were clearly wrong-footed and eventually won a free-kick which hit the bar and didn't go in but Soukouna followed up to increase the lead.

6) Hope James Brent isn't fooled into thinking we don't need to strengthen. Still some weaknesses and no depth on the bench but the players were more "up" today than for 2 seasons and to put it in old terms "we looked more up for it". 4th official was busy keeping Larrieu in the technical area! If only he was animated in goal!!

7) Macclesfield began to press and stretched the Argyle defence. Argyle needed a change and fresh legs would have helped but Fletch stuck with the starting 11 - I guess opting for confidence gain.

8 ) Referee was on our side in the first-half (about time we had one) particularly sympathetic to Berry for some reason. In the second he switched to Walton who was especially top heavy!!

9) Fans were tremendous throughout although still idiots in front of me whinging about Berry - FFS lads "support". "We're the right/left side" will long live in the memory. Thanks again to all the supporters of other teams who enriched the day for us.

A personal note - I felt I got my Argyle back today - long may it continue.

Aug 15, 2008
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for that Mark. I so wish I could have been there - had to settle for Sparksy on AW but could feel the atmosphere from the chants. Congratulations to Greens everywhere - do we deserve this or what?? :clap: :clap: :clap: And thanks also to our new found 'friends' - respect. :huddle:

Aug 15, 2008
Its a Cliche - but one game at a time. Confidence is a massive attribute and the Argyle boys have not had any for a while - today will go some way in remedying this!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wow! So that's what a win feels like!

A change of dugouts was the key to winning this game. :)

A change of tactics was the big difference between the Fletch and Reid era's. Fletch obviously gave instructions to hit the ball long and into the channels for Daley, Atkinson and Feeney to chase and it worked!

Reid's passing style in the early games of this season was pretty but the ball never saw the oppositon penalty area and many thought that style would not bring success in the hurly burly of League Two.
It's only one game but Fletcher's long ball style seemed to suit the team.

Walton, our new captain, was immense in the middle with stand out performances from Feeney (who worked hard), Williams, Soukouna and King.

Fletcher and Larrieu never sat down and kept urging the team on and issuing instructions throughout the game.

There was a cracking atmosphere in the Devonport End thanks to the Brighton fans and other fans and the whole stadium stood (including the grandstand) when the chant "stand up if you love the Greens" was started.
Brighton should now officially be our second team.

It wasn't just a football match but an event and the start of a new dawn.

We're on the right side.......

BlackCountryGreen":2p2v8j6n said:
Thanks for that Mark. I so wish I could have been there - had to settle for Sparksy on AW but could feel the atmosphere from the chants. Congratulations to Greens everywhere - do we deserve this or what?? :clap: :clap: :clap: And thanks also to our new found 'friends' - respect. :huddle:

:iagree: Very exciting listening on Argyle Player, well done The Green Army, could hear you singing loudly. Thanks to our new friends from far and wide. On the way up ! :greensmile:

P

PASTIE

Superb. Huge thanks to those who made such effort.

And the free kick was clearly over the line. I was dead level with it.

Great day. Wonder if we'll see the like again.

Dec 7, 2006
Agreed! A fantastic day - this is what going to matches should always be like. Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic support from other clubs, especially BHA and a win!! :thumbup: Just like the good old days, eh? Thanks to everyone who made it all SO worthwhile. :nworthy:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Mark Pedlar":3mbe5jh3 said:
1) A game when it was more about the fans than much else (although 3 points were very welcome). Lots of Brighton and other clubs in the crowd. I'm sure there will be seperate threads but "thank you" from this Argyle supporter. Fletcher and Brent took their roles well - the nervous wave from Fletch matched by one from Brent when called by the home support.

2) Argyle started well and deservedly took the lead on 20. The much maligned Feeney poaching. To be fair he had a good first-half with the ball being moved noticeably quicker to him than previous games but still mainly on the floor.

3) Walton also had a good first-half alongside Soukouna and Atkinson. There were still issues at the back with Nelson and Berry a little bit at sixes and sevens especially from long throws.

4) Cole watched two go close but otherwise was untroubled in the first 45. At the other end the Macclesfiled 'keeper had to make saves from Soukouna and Hourihane both of whom got forward well with Walton sitting in front of the back 4.

5) Argyle seemed to change tactics at half-time and went longer, pinging balls into the corners. Macclesfield were clearly wrong-footed and eventually won a free-kick which hit the bar and didn't go in but Soukouna followed up to increase the lead.

6) Hope James Brent isn't fooled into thinking we don't need to strengthen. Still some weaknesses and no depth on the bench but the players were more "up" today than for 2 seasons and to put it in old terms "we looked more up for it". 4th official was busy keeping Larrieu in the technical area! If only he was animated in goal!!

7) Macclesfield began to press and stretched the Argyle defence. Argyle needed a change and fresh legs would have helped but Fletch stuck with the starting 11 - I guess opting for confidence gain.

8 ) Referee was on our side in the first-half (about time we had one) particularly sympathetic to Berry for some reason. In the second he switched to Walton who was especially top heavy!!

9) Fans were tremendous throughout although still idiots in front of me whinging about Berry - FFS lads "support". "We're the right/left side" will long live in the memory. Thanks again to all the supporters of other teams who enriched the day for us.

A personal note - I felt I got my Argyle back today - long may it continue.

Ball came off the crossbar landed behind the line & bounced out Soukouna put it back in the net & lino went to give offside
but the ref overruled it.

I was a little nervous for the last 20 mins as we sat back to much, & just punted the ball upfield to come straight back at us.
Connor Hourihane needs to have a shot instead of looking for the pass all the time.(not a dig just an observation)

What a day Fan Fest was fantastic great atmosphere I left with my sides splitting, Brighton fans were awesome If we could adopt & adapt the Right/Left side into the Demport argyle boys /Lyndhust argyle boys what an atmosphere we could create

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill

I was directly in line with the goal line and ther ball was one foot over!

Aug 7, 2010
Was really good to see the huddle back! change of dug outs and the huddle was brought back someones been listening to us? Amazing atmosphere today literally 90 minutes through the longest period we went without singing was at most 10 seconds well deserved win and positive footy played under Fletch as Mark said in the original synopsis we got our Argyle back today lets crack on from here! P.S how good were the Brighton fans?!? an absolute credit to football! well done to all fans that showed up today you are true supporters and im sure if you need our help in your our of need we will turn up in numbers!

Green Army!