Goal Music | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goal Music

May 23, 2011
where has the goal music gone? We need it back (if were to keep scoring goals!) Makes hell of alot of difference.

Didnt know what to do when we scored today! :D

Aug 7, 2010
I do agree that it adds to the atmosphere (not like we needed it today!) but I remember viewing the results to a poll the trust had put together a few months back, and the majority of people said they DIDNT want goal music. The results were shown to the club officials and they have obviously got rid.

Goal music?

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
:twisted: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Right, vented my spleen. Now the rationale. I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree with you. Seen from an away fans perspective, it is cheap and tacky, as if the host team need to remind the plastic home fans their team has just scored. Or just triumphalist wnak.
And from a home fans perspective, it just blows away any atmosphere you just hoped to get going.

So fold away that fence please, mods, I'll be a NO. :shock:

Now of course you boys may be just taking the pee raising the topic, I hope. :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :D :cool:
Please don't say you were serious? :shock:

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
Wotton is God":uyh3q6rd said:
Goal music?

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
:twisted: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Right, vented my spleen. Now the rationale. I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree with you. Seen from an away fans perspective, it is cheap and tacky, as if the host team need to remind the plastic home fans their team has just scored. Or just triumphalist wnak.
And from a home fans perspective, it just blows away any atmosphere you just hoped to get going.

So fold away that fence please, mods, I'll be a NO. :shock:

Now of course you boys may be just taking the pee raising the topic, I hope. :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :D :cool:
Please don't say you were serious? :shock:

:thumbup: agree completely! If the fans have to rely on piped music to create an atmosphere then it's hardly worth it.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
tobysFlag":13lz3dvd said:
where has the goal music gone? We need it back (if were to keep scoring goals!) Makes hell of alot of difference.

Didnt know what to do when we scored today! :D

Goal music was played! It was Depeche Mode's Argyle anthem! However, it was quite quiet, which I liked. It added to the celebration, but without drowning out the fans! Top decision! :greensmile:

Nov 8, 2010
The Left-Hand Side
Goal tannoy music is an utter abomination! The atmosphere at football grounds is created by football supporters. The Devonport End today was the best it's been for donkey's years - largely due to the influence of the BHAFC contingent in block 3. I really hope that it carries on - Argyle's support is always excellent at away grounds, but HP can be a morgue.

A

Argyle1886

Chelsea dagger added to the atmosphere? It sounded so much better when it was played.

YES TO GOAL MUSIC! :thumbup:

Aug 7, 2010
Argyle1886":27bwb0pv said:
Chelsea dagger added to the atmosphere? It sounded so much better when it was played.

Couldn't agree more! last year v exiter first goal I think every single Argyle fan in the ground was dancing to that!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree. I really miss the goal music, and the music in general was way too quiet most of the time. Need more of a build up before the game. Our crowds are not going to grow by much at least for a while and we are usually much quieter than today, let's be honest

Nov 8, 2010
The Left-Hand Side
I suspect that the differences of opinion here are very much a generational thing. Those of us old enough to have gone to football wearing high-waisted flares and Doc Martens, with scarves dangling from our wrists probably all hate it, while the young 'uns (who were weaned to the bleeping of their Gameboys) think it's somehow essential. :greensmile:

May 22, 2006
The problem with goal music is that sometimes you get 16 bars of Chelsea Dagger before the guy on the decks realises there's a flag up for offside. Bit embarrassing.

G

green_pob

Compton Green":2qpteax4 said:
Argyle1886":2qpteax4 said:

Couldn't agree more! last year v exiter first goal I think every single Argyle fan in the ground was dancing to that!

I'll go to Dance Factory or Ritzy if want to see everyone dancing :p

Yes it is a generational thing.

Mar 23, 2008
I knew something was missing when we scored, thats it! Definately adds to the atmosphere. After BWP scored against scum last year for his 2nd goal it seemed to go on for ages and got the crowd jumping.