Thank You | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Thank You

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Sat at home thinking back to yesterday.

The whole day was simply amazing. For me the most unifying since QPR in 2004. That is what football is all about.

Everything went well. The meeting at 1100 was packed, the fansfest was the best ever, we won a game and the evening event at the Pyramid gave everyone a chance to relax.

James Brent loved the whole day as did his son Tom. The Green Army has two new recruits. They also have 100% records - not many of those left anymore :)

No premature celebrations from me because, no doubt there are still some twists and turns to come before we cross the finishing line.

I just think that its important that we recognise that yesterday was a magnificent day for us all.

All of the hard work from the Taverners, Pasoti, general fanbase and the Trust felt worthwhile.

I was very proud to chair the supporters meeting yesterday and very proud to be an Argyle supporter. Yesterday put things in perspective for me. When you are trying to achieve something there will always be knockers but the reality is that the overwhelming % of Argyle fans are grateful for the efforts of everyone involved in yesterdays events. Very humbling.

Thank you to the average Argyle supporter. You make all the hard work, hassle and long days worth it.

WE'RE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE AND WE'LL NEVER DIE.

Aug 18, 2006
Hello Chris, i enjoyed every single second of yesterday so can i echo your thanks to everyone who ,in whatever capacity helped make it such a beautiful special day. Thank you to you too Chis Webb, i am immensly proud to have you as our trust leader. I have listened to many of your speeches,rallying calls and heartfelt outbursts too! and you have frequently inspired me when i have been floundering. I thought your address yesterday morning was spot on Thank you and thank you to your family for agreeing to the committment you have made on our behalf. For god's sake just remember to let us know when we can shave!

B

Blackpool Green

Chris Webb":1ul7qbv1 said:
Hi All

Sat at home thinking back to yesterday.

The whole day was simply amazing. For me the most unifying since QPR in 2004. That is what football is all about.

Everything went well. The meeting at 1100 was packed, the fansfest was the best ever, we won a game and the evening event at the Pyramid gave everyone a chance to relax.

James Brent loved the whole day as did his son Tom. The Green Army has two new recruits. They also have 100% records - not many of those left anymore :)

No premature celebrations from me because, no doubt there are still some twists and turns to come before we cross the finishing line.

I just think that its important that we recognise that yesterday was a magnificent day for us all.

All of the hard work from the Taverners, Pasoti, general fanbase and the Trust felt worthwhile.

I was very proud to chair the supporters meeting yesterday and very proud to be an Argyle supporter. Yesterday put things in perspective for me. When you are trying to achieve something there will always be knockers but the reality is that the overwhelming % of Argyle fans are grateful for the efforts of everyone involved in yesterdays events. Very humbling.

Thank you to the average Argyle supporter. You make all the hard work, hassle and long days worth it.

WE'RE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE AND WE'LL NEVER DIE.

Couldn't be there Chris, would have love to be there, but I hung out all 7 of my Argyle shirts out the window for the world up here to see. Thanks to Steve at GoS and all responsible for pics/vids there so us exiles can see and here it aall. The youtube vids of the JB Q and A session was wonderful to see. I was on the touchline watching my 8 year old playing a match while wearing my Argyle coat. Another dad (and Blackpool supporter) noticed the club logo and said 'Argyle's fans on some of the best, most passionate in the country, I really hope you it all works out for you mate". OK neither of us were physically at the fans reunited event at HP, but in every other sense that mattered, we were. I reckon there were many other similar encounters with members of the Green Army up and down the country. COYG :scarf:

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
It was a fantastic day. The atmosphere was the best it has been for the last 3 years.

One thing that must come out of this is for us to generate this kind of atmosphere at every game. You could see that it really got the players going.

I have really high hopes now, I am absolutely buzzing. In fact I have spoken to a lot of people today about the game and I am not ashamed to say that I think I was near to welling up each time. The Brighton, and the other clubs fans really proved to me what football is all about.

I will never forget today and would be the first one on the train to repay the favour some day.

Jun 27, 2006
Cornwall
What a great game and as a grandstand ST holder who used to stand on the Devonport in the early 70s it was great to see and hear the End really getting stuck in again. Loads of us in the grandstand even stood up along with the rest of the ground during one round of "Stand up for the Argyle" and that takes some doing!

The few lads who still stand at the back of the Lyndhurst need to get themselves across to the Devonport to lend their voices - let's get the place really rocking again every game! Well done to all who organised all the events and delighted they were all so well attended.

And well done to the team. They played as if their lives depended on it and if that is repeated every game then there is no way we will be anywhere near the relegation zone by Christmas.

Come On You Greens - let's get a really decent crowd for the visit of the Mighty Stanley in a couple of weeks time and keep the ball rolling!

G

gosbts

StaddyGreen":11d8ghw6 said:
I will never forget today and would be the first one on the train to repay the favour some day.

That's what days like yesterday are all about-you'll no doubt have an opportunity to do the same for another club in the future. Sadly.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Well done Chris, nearly there. :clap: :clap:

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
As an exile living in NW Kent I so appreciated the GOS recording of the 11am meeting with James Brent and his open and sincere answering of questions put to him.

Totally a top notch day finished off with a great 2-0 win, lets hope this is the turning point thats been so long coming......

Trust Member 202........... and member of PASALB.

Well done Chris and all of you who were involved, keep the good work going.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Yesterday was one of those days that will be looked back on in years to come and I can proudly say that "I was there". It was just wonderful to see that given half a chance, us fans will conquer any obstacles blocking our path. I was immensely proud to call myself an Argyle fan yesterday. Seeing the whole ground either clapping or singing together in unison with fans from other clubs as well was a sight to behold. I take no shame in saying that near the end, I was welling up. I'm 23. I'm just glad that I have my football club back.

One day - unfortunately - another club will struggle. I will be more than happy to repay the favour and show my support for them when it should arise.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
A truly fantastic day yesterday, loved every minute of it! So refreshing to see James Brent addressing the fans after the way we've been treated in recent times. I thank him for taking the time to speak to us, and would also thank Chris and the Trust for organising this. Also massive thanks to the Green Taverners, the Fans Fest was absolutely brilliant and really played a massive part in making the day what it was. The biggest thanks of all though must of course go to our friends from Brighton and other teams who joined us on the day, and contributed so much to the atmosphere on the day. The three points was the icing on the cake, and it was so nice to leave Home Park full of pride rather than despair! Yesterday restored my faith in football, and I now really believe that things could be on the up. COME ON YOU GREENS!!! :scarf:

A

Anonymous

Martin Rogers":ixalmmhn said:
Hello Chris, i enjoyed every single second of yesterday so can i echo your thanks to everyone who ,in whatever capacity helped make it such a beautiful special day. Thank you to you too Chis Webb, i am immensly proud to have you as our trust leader. I have listened to many of your speeches,rallying calls and heartfelt outbursts too! and you have frequently inspired me when i have been floundering. I thought your address yesterday morning was spot on Thank you and thank you to your family for agreeing to the committment you have made on our behalf. For god's sake just remember to let us know when we can shave!

Thanks Martin - In the words of Kevin Heaney, lets hope the shave is "imminent" haha.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
My first fans reunited but not my last as I had a ball, and I would like to compliment Chris on his passionate and inspiring efforts as well as the Green Taverners who also put on a hell of a day.

Then we go and bloody win Yahooo!!!! :scarf: