Another thing that Fletch introduced yesterday... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Another thing that Fletch introduced yesterday...

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Was that when the teams came out for the 2nd half, he made the argyle team line up near the dug out & take part in a couple of 'ladder' sprints... Making sure they were mentally switched on I suppose...

Add this to instructing players to arrive in suits & a couple other things seems to indicate that our new gaffer is a bit tighter on discipline than our last!

A

Anonymous

Saw the thread title and thought you were going to say :goal: and clean sheet. :greensmile:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Yes we did that, another good idea.
Also all the training exercises were different and we actually did shooting before the game.
I thought the decision to change dugouts was also a good one.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
JonB":99due2ya said:
Was that when the teams came out for the 2nd half, he made the argyle team line up near the dug out & take part in a couple of 'ladder' sprints... Making sure they were mentally switched on I suppose...

Add this to instructing players to arrive in suits & a couple other things seems to indicate that our new gaffer is a bit tighter on discipline than our last!

I don't believe that last bit is entirely fair. Whilst our discipline record during Reid's tenure hasn't been the best, in the circumstances i wonder how easy it is to punish someone when there is not much you can take away from them.

Wage fines and lack of first team football are hardly going to have the desired effect on an errant player when there is no wage and most players are needed week after week.

Catch 22

Phenom":217itndr said:
suits tracksuits fancy dress couldnt give a monkeys what they turn up to games in aslong as they perform on the pitch.

Fletch said after the game that it's very important to do the small things well - it puts the players in the right frame of mind, helping them do the big thing: focusing on doing their job to maximum effect.

Jun 27, 2006
Cornwall
Drew_Savage":2v5io2bt said:
Phenom":2v5io2bt said:
suits tracksuits fancy dress couldnt give a monkeys what they turn up to games in aslong as they perform on the pitch.

Fletch said after the game that it's very important to do the small things well - it puts the players in the right frame of mind, helping them do the big thing: focusing on doing their job to maximum effect.

Absolutely spot on from Fletch. One thing leads to another and arriving at the game looking smart and professional will become part of the all-round package of improvement.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Every manager has a way of doing things and as Fletch says ''little things can add up to big things''. Lets be careful though not to overstep the line and suggest that Reidy wasn't doing things right. He was doing things his way and I'm sure that when he was leading the Sunderland charge some years back his players were not arriving in suits.

I can remember the Warnock home leg play-off semi when he sent out the players one at a time to warm up prior to the ''official'' run out. Each player then milked the applause of the whole crowd.

COYG

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Cobi Budge":3njklc9q said:
Anybody else notice RO being told off numerous times for entering the field of play? :lol:

Poor guy is used to being on the pitch not managing the people on it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JonB":1d326wvu said:

They've always turned up for home matches in suits haven't they? The latest being the grey bargains from Matalan.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Keepitgreen":33nd8rmz said:
JonB":33nd8rmz said:

They've always turned up for home matches in suits haven't they? The latest being the grey bargains from Matalan.

They have when I have seen them for home games. But not away.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
Drew_Savage":21d1457f said:
Phenom":21d1457f said:

It's all about the critical non-essentials.

Just ask Sir Clive Woodward.