BBC FL show | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

BBC FL show

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I expected a much bigger part for argyle with the introduction of a new manager and a bit on fans reuinted day, instead they choose to show the two goals and a very short interview with fletch.
But once again we don't matter.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I don't know why I was surprised... I think they do the editorial content for that show by picking teams out of a hat

and as for Claridge's comments, yes we did need the win, thanks for that insight

Sep 23, 2005
Very disappointing that they should ignore such a heart warming story but not surprised. It is a very poor format totally lacking in any imagination.

I sent an email of complaint, I'm not expecting any change but it got it off my chest.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Leagues 1 and 2 don't really count on the FLS...It's the MoTD of the Football League!

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Astonishing that the fact there were fans from lots of other clubs and coach loads from Brighton and it didn't even warrant a mention. How often does that happen? Surely a show that purports to represent the fans views should not ignore such an occasion.

B

Barclaystand-NCFC

I also thought it was poor that they didn't mention anything about fans reunited.
Tweeted manish at @bbc_manish to have a moan.
Hopefully if we let the media what we thought of their coverage then they'll do better on the 8th.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Barclaystand-NCFC":1krkb45a said:
I also thought it was poor that they didn't mention anything about fans reunited.
Hopefully if we let the media what we thought of their coverage then they'll do better on the 8th.

The coverage on that show is never great. Claridge is not liked by many down here. :scarf:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
mikey":1kf04lmg said:
Barclaystand-NCFC":1kf04lmg said:

The coverage on that show is never great. Claridge is not liked by many down here. :scarf:

Why? Because he predicted we would struggle to stay up last year. He was right wasn't he?
Yes, the coverage was scant but we are bottom of the league and let's be honest if we were in the CCC still would we be particularly bothered about a news report on a Barnet or Hereford or whoever might be bottom of the league. And Cobi, Fletcher is not a new manager. He has been put in temporary charge until a new man is appointed whether it be Fletcher himself or somebody else.

L

Laughter My Ploy

I think its a minor miracle that the show goes out at all...must be bonkers getting all those games in

That said I don't know what the rush is to get it done and dusted on a Saturday night....a contract stipulation by the FL perhaps?

The coverage would be better served perhaps delayed to Sunday/Monday or for it to go totally online or on the red button with a show for each division

They could cut production cost by getting rid of any of the talking heads....I can't stand them on just about any football programme....the overblown set and out source to a smalller production company if it already isn't

It would suit a fanzine/magazine format

As for the email in bit bin it forthwith (or has it already gone don't recall seeing it on Saturday)....I don't care what Cardiff Doncaster Torquay fans think or for that matter Plymouth fans (in this format anyway and in the time they give at somewhere around midnight)

tobysFlag":1uurjwpb said:
Lovely retweet and reply from Sparksy on twitter declaring how appauled he was with no mention at all!

Can you post it?

It was a joke on saturday, made sure I stayed up somehow despite getting up at 6 for the rugby and then onto the Brit for midday and so on...

I blame Claridge! :lol:

May 23, 2011
Me: Saw you sparksy in the commentary box with your Argyle top on! I'm pretty sure thats not allowed! being biased and all!

Him: It was fans re united day, i was allowed to break the rules! As for the FLS not mentioning it, absoloute disgrace

Me: Good on you! ...Its shocking that they didnt recognise it, Was a top day and would happily re pay the favour.

John_Lloyd":l7bcikct said:
On the other hand, the 5 Live Football Daily podcast on Saturday night had quite an extensive report on our win, with a mention of the imminent Brent takeover and a significant soundbite from Carl Fletcher.

The Football Focus piece was fair and reasonable in length as well.

We are one of 92, after all.

I agree and wasn't expecting extended highlights but I feel it was poor not mentioning fans re-united. A lot of people didn't see football focus as they were traveling to the game but I recorded it and it was a good piece.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Have just finished watching the local news programs on TV the coverage about the Fans Fest was abysmal. Chris was talking about bombarding Sky with e-mails. It is my belief that the local media is the one that needs a good kicking up the arse.There does seem to be a bit of uneven coverage on the BBC regarding the three local football clubs with one getting more than its fair share, especially on the radio. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :scarf: