National Press Coverage | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

National Press Coverage

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
James Brent's quote:-

People in the South West are often so fatalistic that what attracted me to Argyle was seeing people fighting tooth and nail to keep something going,” Brent says.

He can say that again, and again.

After Saturday's spark lets hope we can put those words to rest.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Fair enough, nice little piece. But look under "related articles" in the middle of the text to see how many times we have been on the radar of this newspaper, and the context.

Sep 6, 2010
Stowmarket, Suffolk
In the Sunday Express (Sport Section) yesterday, there were two brief comments on the departure of Peter Reid.

As for the Telegraph online, if it's not Premier League, it's not covered seems to be the rule.

Seems the way with all the papers these days compared with days of yore. Prem gets more coverage, the rest gets less. Strained newspaper budgets may have something to do with it perhaps, though more a local paper problem.
I think that's partly what set Saturday apart - huge majority of real fans from lower league teams among the visitors. Saw not even a handful of Prem shirts. We have to do our own coverage now!
Bit of journalistic artistic licence in the article, James Brent sat on a wooden seat? Did he break the plastic one in his early excitement? :?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Wotton is God":3w1raphb said:
Seems the way with all the papers these days compared with days of yore. Prem gets more coverage, the rest gets less. Strained newspaper budgets may have something to do with it perhaps, though more a local paper problem.
I think that's partly what set Saturday apart - huge majority of real fans from lower league teams among the visitors. Saw not even a handful of Prem shirts. We have to do our own coverage now!
Bit of journalistic artistic licence in the article, James Brent sat on a wooden seat? Did he break the plastic one in his early excitement? :?

The jurno probably assumed that he sat in the directors box. :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
The shame of it, I take Murdoch's Sunday Times - not a mention of Argyle in the sports section.

In fact, FL2 has no write ups whatsovever - a total disgrace for a so called national Sunday newspaper.

M

MoistVonLipwig

As I said on another thread, if all "rival" fans had started fighting, we'd be in every newspaper.

"Nice" stories are not newsworthy (unless it's to save one of the bog boys).

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
John_Vaughan":gsrgdt72 said:
As I said on another thread, if all "rival" fans had started fighting, we'd be in every newspaper.

"Nice" stories are not newsworthy (unless it's to save one of the bog boys).

Such as a Tory MP who's been caught cottaging? :greensmile:

C

Chill-Pil-Grim

jimbo_the_green":2uxcz0jq said:
Nice to see Holloway keeping on top of things. Is he even aware that the people he's (still) moaning about are long gone?

Holloway? Engaging brain before gob opens?

.....and decrying the lack of Loyalty.....Lovely stuff

Still, as long as it makes him feel better.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Chill-Pil-Grim":2s9csk0k said:
jimbo_the_green":2s9csk0k said:
Nice to see Holloway keeping on top of things. Is he even aware that the people he's (still) moaning about are long gone?

Holloway? Engaging brain before gob opens?

.....and decrying the lack of Loyalty.....Lovely stuff

Still, as long as it makes him feel better.

completely out of character :whistle: