Riddler to leave soon/will he stay as Chairman? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Riddler to leave soon/will he stay as Chairman?

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
We are still here by the grace of the staff and players.

Not Ridsdale.

I resolve to make that my last ever comment on the man.

Thank you and goodbye. :wave:

L

Laughter My Ploy

His critics should remember that

Next week the Herald are running a special supplement on teaching grandmothers in the south west how to suck eggs

Jul 29, 2010
It just serves to underline the problem and also the lucky escape we've had (hopefully - I take nothing for granted).

Despite weasel words of 'reluctance' and 'walking holidays' Ridsdale has only ever been here for money. I should imagine in the 'failure to reach agreement over a three month stay' went a little something like this.............

JB - "Would you be up for a three month period as chairman when I take over?".

PR - "Certianly JB, that'll be £60,000 please".

JB - "I see, in that case you'll be familar with where the exits are by now i'm sure".

*IF* Ridsdale was in this for any form of alturistic purpose, any form of gesture to the club then with no other job in football drawing him away he'd accept a transitional post to smooth the process, costs simply wouldn't be an issue. He isn't however prepared to do that, the speed that he's now prepared to ditch Argyle exposes more than ever the wolf under the sheeps clothing........

..........but you just know that his memoirs and the fearless partnership will spin his involvement at Home Park from a horrendous trail of glaring pooh into a glourious tale of daring doo.

Wucking Fanker :wave:.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
His trip to Monaco shows where his interest lies. Instead of letting Brenda talk to James Brent and other existing bidders, when the BIL bid was collapsing, he tried to get the only deal that would allow him to buy the club for £1. It didn't matter that Kassam was already setting crippling rents at Oxford.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
It may be true that Risdale was only in it for himself.

However, it may ALSO be true that without his work early on we would not be hear, remember how much of a mess we were in with the tax man.

So from me its a thanks for the help and a very relieved goodbye.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Interesting that they say there was some 'financial recompense'.

If this was over and above expenses then he was probably the only member of staff getting paid.

He will go down as the man that saved the club whether we like it or not but I suspect the methods he used will emerge further down the line and we will be extremely grateful that he won't be staying on in any capacity.

A

Anonymous

This thread/story gives no new news.

JB offered PR a 3 month role as the temporary Chair. PR turned it down but agreed a 3 months consultancy role. That is what was reported on Friday and hasn't as of yet changed.

R

Rupert

Chris Webb":15lio5in said:

JB offered PR a 3 month role as the temporary Chair. PR turned it down but agreed a 3 months consultancy role. That is what was reported on Friday and hasn't as of yet changed.

Agreed. Also worth pointing out that the Herald story which prompted this thread is not a news story but is instead Chris Errington's weekly 'viewpoint column'. A fact which the website unfortunately fails to make clear.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
X Isle":1qi9jahe said:
It just serves to underline the problem and also the lucky escape we've had (hopefully - I take nothing for granted).

Despite weasel words of 'reluctance' and 'walking holidays' Ridsdale has only ever been here for money. I should imagine in the 'failure to reach agreement over a three month stay' went a little something like this.............

JB - "Would you be up for a three month period as chairman when I take over?".

PR - "Certianly JB, that'll be £60,000 please".

JB - "I see, in that case you'll be familar with where the exits are by now i'm sure".

*IF* Ridsdale was in this for any form of alturistic purpose, any form of gesture to the club then with no other job in football drawing him away he'd accept a transitional post to smooth the process, costs simply wouldn't be an issue. He isn't however prepared to do that, the speed that he's now prepared to ditch Argyle exposes more than ever the wolf under the sheeps clothing........

..........but you just know that his memoirs and the fearless partnership will spin his involvement at Home Park from a horrendous trail of glaring pooh into a glourious tale of daring doo.

Wucking Fanker :wave:.

If it's not too many "anys" - I don't think anyone ever claimed at any time that Ridsdale was here for anything other than money (except perhaps the man himself).

However, I for one believed that, on top of that, his involvement with us in the short term COULD have benefited both parties IF his intention had been to try to restore his football reputation.

Love him or hate him, the man knows the business side of football. In another thread I have called for the new owners to open the books and show us just how close we came to extinction - either in order to put the Ridsdale-saviour myth to bed, or for a dose of smelling salts about what really happened in January/February when the other rats had left the sinking ship.

Now it seems that he won't stay on, and we can only guess it's because he's not getting enough out of it financially. No more club for a quid, so I'm off. So much for my theory of him wanting to restore his reputation, if that was indeed ever the aim. If that assumption is true, then sorry but... "good riddlance".

A

Anonymous

Rupert":3vcer5h6 said:
Chris Webb":3vcer5h6 said:

Agreed. Also worth pointing out that the Herald story which prompted this thread is not a news story but is instead Chris Errington's weekly 'viewpoint column'. A fact which the website unfortunately fails to make clear.

Yes I noted that Rupert.

I have a lot of time for Chris but he has always stayed out of the takeover issues and maintained that he covers on the pitch matters only. Funny though how this is the second time he has taken a dig at anyone who is anti Peter Ridsdale.

He should be either in or out of the debate - not ride both horses to suit!

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
after all the talk about risdales wages i wonder how much the new set up will be able to pay the next chairman,ive no idear how much the going rate is?to get a top football man through the door wont be cheap,personally i think we should try somthing differant,mr brent seams to want the fans involved,could the trust or the GT S provide the answer?i think so,

A

Anonymous

totnes comie mike":32w379lo said:
after all the talk about risdales wages i wonder how much the new set up will be able to pay the next chairman,ive no idear how much the going rate is?to get a top football man through the door wont be cheap,personally i think we should try somthing differant,mr brent seams to want the fans involved,could the trust or the GT S provide the answer?i think so,

No, I would want more than Ridsdale :lol: :lol:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Chris Webb":ma1bcrxo said:
totnes comie mike":ma1bcrxo said:

No, I would want more than Ridsdale :lol: :lol:
well i would say this is a once in a life time golden oppertunity to get fans reps on board,we have never had this chance before(one man one vote)to have a real say in how we run argo in the future,mr brent seams up for it,and theres a bit of unity around the place at the moment wich we havnt had for a long long time,i say strike while the irons hot,i think even i would have to sign up for the trust :shock: if that happened,