london to crawley | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

london to crawley

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
is it the gatwick express? then a bus?and can i get to gatwick on my travle card?thanks in addvance, :greensmile:

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
It is London Victoria [VIC] to Crawley [CRW] with no changes
calling at .....

Clapham Junction [CLJ]
East Croydon [ECR]

Redhill [RDH]
Gatwick Airport [GTW]
Three Bridges [TBD]
and then Crawley

Your travel card will probably take you as far as East Croydon, I think, -
BUT check at the Victoria ticket office - so possibly buying a ticket just from East Croydon to Crawley

Gatwick express might be more expensive - and you would change trains at Gatwick obviously!

From
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/crawley_town/

By Train
Crawley station is just over a mile away from the stadium.
You can either take a taxi (about £6), or from the bus station across the road, you can take a Fastway number 10 bus to the ground (this runs every ten minutes). Otherwise it is about a twenty minute walk.

As you come out of the station turn left and walk down to the T-junction. At the junction turn left into Brighton Road. Keep walking straight down Brighton Road for just under a mile and at its end turn right. You should now be able to see the stadium in the distance behind the traffic island. Use the underpass to cross the A23 to the ground.

Jul 29, 2010
TCM, you've come to the right man. Yes, yes and no I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure the Gatwick Express is a premium service excluded from cards and offers - but check with the company, i'm not totally sure.

If you take it the Gatwick Express runs from Victoria, every 15 minutes and takes half a hour. If you choose the standard service it takes longer but anything on the Brighton line WILL stop there. However as another option Three Bridges is in Crawley and much closer to the ground for a quick Taxi hop.

If you do stop at Gatwick and want the right bus take this short cut >>>>>> exit Gatwick station via the main ticket hall and head in towards the South Terminal but turn right as if taking the shuttle to the north terminal. Walk right down the Shuttle 'platform' but take the stairs at the very end. When you exit the stairwell at the bottom turn left and it brings you out on the Crawley bound side of the A23 at the 'local bus' stop. It saves a trek as if you follow the actual signs to 'local buses' it'll bring you to the wrong side of the A23 and you'll have a long walk via an underpass to get there.

Personally i'd recommend Three Bridges, there's a huge taxi rank and it's a only a five minute drive through Tilgate. Putney is spot on changing for Crawley but unless you want to kill time in a souless concrete Town Centre you might just as well pay the taxi-man.

EDIT - OOH just remembered........a tunnel became structually in-operative last weekend and there was a bus service between Crawley and Gatwick, it's not impossible they've delayed full repairs until this weekend to minimise disruption to the commuters CHECK FOR SCHEDULED PROBLEMS ON THE SOUTHERN WEBSITE. If so you'll all need to get off at Gatwick and follow the above instructions, the rail replacement buses were a disaster!.

Left out of station, take a left at the end and follow the road up. There's only one pub near the ground so can get busy. Beware if rushing back for a train that you need to cross the railway track so allow a couple of extra minutes, otherwise you could get stuck at barriers and see your train sail by.

M

Jul 29, 2010
Martin_Brock":3sd0zkf2 said:
Left out of station, take a left at the end and follow the road up. There's only one pub near the ground so can get busy. Beware if rushing back for a train that you need to cross the railway track so allow a couple of extra minutes, otherwise you could get stuck at barriers and see your train sail by

Or not!.

If they're coming down as you approach the barriers take the last turn on your right into a road called East Park, just after the newsagents down there there's a footbridge on your left that takes you over the tracks.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
cheers guys,what about the pub mr x? you up for a pint or three :greensmile: hopefully in to crawly about 1ish find a nice watering hole and then a cab up to the ground,also are the sun still doing the vouchers? got me 21 year old with me and hes never got any cash so it would be handy if they were still doing it,again thanks in advance.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Martin_Brock":2fwggsa2 said:
Left out of station, take a left at the end and follow the road up. There's only one pub near the ground so can get busy. Beware if rushing back for a train that you need to cross the railway track so allow a couple of extra minutes, otherwise you could get stuck at barriers and see your train sail by.

M
We've got trains like that down here, they're called boats. :lol: :lol: :lol:

E

EK_Brighton

I'm in London loads and regularly use the line- don't waste your money on the Gatwick Express as the normal Southern Trains services only take about five minutes longer (if that). Just get a normal train to Three Bridges, change for Crawley and then walk it or get a taxi.

And make sure you don't accidentally go past the stadium and end up in Broadfield itself...Beverly Hills it ain't.