Peter Reid on Talksport on Tues | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Peter Reid on Talksport on Tues

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
I am sure I heard that Peter Reid is on the Keys & Gray programme this week, possibly Tuesday! to talk about his time at Argyle and most recently his sacking by Peter Ridsdale.
It could make for some interesting listening!

I wonder if any of our contributors heard that? and have any firm time about his interview!

Dec 7, 2006
Time to look forward now and let go of the past, despite everything he's done for us, especially after last Saturday. ;)

Feb 22, 2008
Plymouth and the Bay Window
Came across as very polite as always.

He said that he new it was bad at the club but it was worse financially
once he had arrived.

He seemed at a loss as to why an Administrator can get paid yet not any
staff.

He had no shirts and only 9 players, Risdale had eventually sorted out
sponsor and kit problem resolved.

He said it was very hard to get players to come here, he had names
and had permission to talk but it was made very difficult to talk or negotiate
pay at the time. Therefore players did not want to play for Argyle.

He had been dealing with some players who had big financial troubles and that
the PFA would not help as the Club may fold. Peter said he was sure this had an effect
on the pitch.

He heaped praise on BMW and Marjons along with the GT's for keeping the club
running day to day.

Hope this helps for those that missed it.

Smithy

Mar 7, 2009
He was just on.. Quick round up thanks to Twitter...

Reidy says a "football expert" (someone who advised on transfers) got paid by #pafc administrators ahead of players & staff. @tskeysandgray

Reidy insists he's "not bitter"... "only way I could win is for #pafc to survive"... "pre-season, it was hard persuading players"...

Reid: "People in the city helping us out... @ucpmarjon, BMW, @greentaverners... all fantastic..." #pafc

Reid: "Sponsors were brilliant. We couldn't get any money off administrators" #pafc Last player he bought as a manager: Stern John in 2004

Reid: "At Plymouth, the kitman Neil deserves a VC... the things he had to go through... #pafc desperate (for good training facilities)"

Thanks to jonboy79 for those.

L

Laughter My Ploy

Just picking up on this from Twitter....Anyone listening in

jonboy79 Jon Holmes
Reidy says a "football expert" (someone who advised on transfers) got paid by #pafc administrators ahead of players & staff.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Football expert?
Is that agent Jamie (son of Paul) Hart? He was retained on several thousand a month to oversee transfers.

L

Laughter My Ploy

PL2 3DQ":54taeidt said:
Football expert?
Is that agent Jamie (son of Paul) Hart? He was retained on several thousand a month to oversee transfers.

Retained by whom....the administrator?

Hope he gave value for money

Some interesting stuff but I imagine he could take up every slot on talksport all day and there would still be more to tell.

I really hope he can come down to a fans fest before a game this year so we can all thank him in person and give him a proper send off. :nworthy:

A

Anonymous

Heard it today, tbh he didn't say anything he hadn't already told us before but he did sound trouble free on the radio. Thats good :),he deserves a rest

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
:iagree:

Lengthy interview that I'm listening to now, so far PR come across as a man of dignity, although surprie=sed there is no reference to the World Cup bid which in my eyes was one of the undoings of our club

COYG

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Green_To_The_Bone":o9qczeyc said:
Some interesting stuff but I imagine he could take up every slot on talksport all day and there would still be more to tell.

I really hope he can come down to a fans fest before a game this year so we can all thank him in person and give him a proper send off. :nworthy:

:iagree: The more I hear Peter Reid talking, the more I want him back. Saying that, we have an interim management team and they must be given every chance to perform and get the results we all desire.

However, should things change and we are in the market for a new manager, Reidy should be top of the list.

What a horrible scenario to try and perform under.

NO player wanting to join us.
NO money from Administrators (whereas they did receive money, as did agents!?????)
Quick trip down to JJB sale to buy the kit.
Sunderland washing kit.

How low did we sink?

THANK YOU PETER REID, for all you did for this club (and continue to do so with your candid interviews). I truly hope we can see you back here in some capacity to take us forward. Please feel free to contact the Taverners and guest at one of our Fans Fests so we can all give you our respect for what you have done for this club in the past and going forward.

Until we meet again...........

Apr 1, 2009
stewthenoo":1d13odd7 said:
The more I hear Peter Reid talking, the more I want him back. Saying that, we have an interim management team and they must be given every chance to perform and get the results we all desire.

However, should things change and we are in the market for a new manager, Reidy should be top of the list.

Absolutely not. However shabbily he has been treated, this is not the solution. We have to move on and move forward. It would also add insult to injury by offering PR the next manager's salary which will be, I would imagine, a fraction of what he has (albeit nominally) been earning.