Thank you, and sorry | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thank you, and sorry

Sep 2, 2011
Thank you all for making Saturday such a memorable day. I've never shaken the hands of so many strangers in a single day. Every single fan I spoke to was passionate and grateful that we were there. Oh, and that fansfest beer was absolutely gorgeous, as was the pasty. Your fans are a true asset to the club, and footballing community.

Sorry my speech in the fansfest was poor. I really wasn't expecting to be called up and got a bit flabbergasted.

Thanks everyone for a brilliant day.

L

leelowndes27

Thank you very much for coming down. It was one of the best days I've had following the mighty greens. Met so many good fans as well as learning some new songs. Hopefully we keep singing them and re-create atmospheres like Saturday. I know it was mainly (i think) you that started it all off at the Albion end Wood chip so thanks for that.

Any advice you could pass on re. the possibilities of some of us getting tickets to a game at the Amex to thank you for your support, then I for one would be grateful.

Oh, and please give us Nooney back!!!

C

Chris_Roper

You have no need to apologise Woodchip and I am sure I speak for all Argyle supporters in thanking you and all your fellow Albion supporters coming down and making it such a great day.
Living in Thailand I don't get to HP so much these days but Saturday the ground was rocking and even us in the grandstand actually stood up to the request of stand up if you love the greens. I have never experienced that before.
What would be great is that BHA get promoted and the green army get to your last home game and join in the celebrations. I don't know the logistics of your ground and whether that could be accomodated but wouldn't that be fantastic. I know that's a long way off but we can dream can't we and I would bust a gut to get there if I could. You getting promotion and us escaping relegation.
Whatever happens thanks again and BHA will the second score I look for on a Saturday from now on.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
An absolutely fantastic day. Thank you so much Woodchip for suggesting this, and coming down to Plymouth with so many of your fellow Seagulls. We will not forget your efforts, and you guys would be welcome back at Home Park anytime!

Sep 2, 2011
Oh, I forgot to mention that if you play the rest of the season like you played on Saturday then you'll be safe. You looked like a solid league 2 team that just lacked a little confidence. Sing up loud and i'm sure that'll lift the team enough to many more victories.

See you all on the 8th. And no you can't have Noone back.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ditto to all the above. And let's take this as a model of what 'ordinary' people can do when they decide to get off their backsides and do something, rather than just moan about what others are doing/not doing. We all need to take individual responsibility, rather than telling others what they should be doing. Brent was right, this city is full of apathetic, fatalistic Janners. Maybe we've surprised ourselves with what can be acheived with a little bit of positivity.
Thanks to Woodchip and I am already looking forward to the 8th, when I hope we won't have to have another bucket collection. It was bloody freezing!

Sep 4, 2011
greenshoots":1046gzgp said:
Ditto to all the above. And let's take this as a model of what 'ordinary' people can do when they decide to get off their backsides and do something, rather than just moan about what others are doing/not doing. We all need to take individual responsibility, rather than telling others what they should be doing. Brent was right, this city is full of apathetic, fatalistic Janners. Maybe we've surprised ourselves with what can be acheived with a little bit of positivity.
Thanks to Woodchip and I am already looking forward to the 8th, when I hope we won't have to have another bucket collection. It was bloody freezing!

it seems that a few fans from other teams, rocking up, singing some songs for you, has revitalised the fan base. You are an amazing bunch, just short of confidence after seeing your club get decimated.

Brent will sort out the finances, you now have to sort out yourselves. You have the passion, you just need to focus that passion.

and we will be back for the 8th....

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Woodchip....what can I say I have several friends that are Brighton fans as I used to visit the area regularly with my work......and as all fans do I used to slate them....no more!!!! I'm a paid up member of The Seagulls Fan Club. What happened on Saturday is honestly one of the greatest things I can remember happening at a football match.

I was also at my first Fan Fest (won't be the last) and I'm sure everyone had a great time. Thank You and all the Brighton (not forgetting fans of other clubs) for supporting Argyle in this way. Its easy to loose perspective when this isn't happening to you and I hope that all Argyle fans learn a lesson from this, its our game and there will be fans of other clubs that will need our help at some point.

Again from the bottom of my heart Thank You
PS The Pardew joke about more sacks was hilarious as well

T

Tim Chown

Woodchip on autopilot back to the bar to a huge round of applause ...

IMG_2157.jpg