Players Released (have they found new clubs?) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players Released (have they found new clubs?)

N

NorfolkGreen

Of the players we have released or sacked, how many are still without clubs?

Mar 23, 2008
Seip? Tellingly none of them have got a move of any note and have found their respective levels.

Apr 1, 2009
Deacster":1lp4a0tt said:
Seip? Tellingly none of them have got a move of any note and have found their respective levels.

It doesn't say a lot for the strength of Aberdeen FC that they have taken Clark, Arnason and Fallon, not forgetting Folly who was already there.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Tavypilgrim":27seo1i3 said:
All our players went to Yeovil or Aberdeen, both in Fallons case.

I see Jim Paterson is playing in Europe though...
they are all playing in europe tavy,get your atles out, :greensmile:

A

Argyle1886

tobysFlag":4d2os6ky said:
Scottish football is abissmal, Celtic and Rangers would be an average championship outfit.

I'd say Celtic & Rangers are premier league clubs - Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee utd Championship clubs and the rest L1 standard clubs.

Mar 1, 2008
I've done a bit of googling to see where all the players we released went. I hope this helps NG :thumbup:

Code:
PLAYER                 FEE                                   NEW CLUB
Karl Duguid            Contract Expiry                   Colchester United
Bondz N'Gala           Free                              Yeovil Town
Chris Clark            Contract Expiry                   Aberdeen
Kari Arnason           Contract Termination              Aberdeen
Rory Fallon            Contract Expiry                   Yeovil Town           (Signed 1 Month deal, joined Aberdeen in Sep '11)
Joe Mason              £250k                             Cardiff City
Yannick Bolasie        Undisclosed                       Bristol City
Luke Summerfield       Contract Expiry                   Cheltenham Town
Anton Peterlin         Contract Expiry                   Walsall
Ryan Leonard           Contract Expiry                   Southend United
Jim Paterson           Contract Expiry                   Shamrock Rovers
Steven MacLean         Contract Expiry                   Yeovil Town
Stephane Zuber         Contract Termination              Bournemouth

LOANS

PLAYER                                 CLUB
Rory Patterson                      Linfield
Damien Johnson                      Huddersfield

I don't know where Timar (was reported to be looking for a club in Hungary) and Seip (trained with Truro City) went, I assume they are both unattached. Also released youth players Liam Head and Jordan Trott who I assume have found no club.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Missed out Ollie Chenoweth, the young keeper who was on the bench many times last year.

Ollie also went briefly to Yeovil (I think) but wasn't retained by them; I am not sure where he is now.

At the GT's Open Day on the Sunday before this season, I bumped into Ro, who remarked that he was disappointed that Ollie had been released. Don't forget that Ollie was being paid a pittance (actually he was being paid f*&% all but he was owed a pittance), so getting rid of him didn't save very much at all. I do remember seeing Ollie and his family pay to get into a pre season match, I think it may have been Ro's testimonial or maybe the Truro match.

Maybe now that Ro is First Team coach, he might get Ollie back on the books as he was, by all accounts (including Ro's), a pretty promising 'keeper...

Aug 4, 2011
evil_dave86":1j3k6cr6 said:
I've done a bit of googling to see where all the players we released went. I hope this helps NG :thumbup:

Code:
PLAYER                 FEE                                   NEW CLUB
Karl Duguid            Contract Expiry                   Colchester United
Bondz N'Gala           Free                              Yeovil Town
Chris Clark            Contract Expiry                   Aberdeen
Kari Arnason           Contract Termination              Aberdeen
Rory Fallon            Contract Expiry                   Yeovil Town           (Signed 1 Month deal, joined Aberdeen in Sep '11)
Joe Mason              £250k                             Cardiff City
Yannick Bolasie        Undisclosed                       Bristol City
Luke Summerfield       Contract Expiry                   Cheltenham Town
Anton Peterlin         Contract Expiry                   Walsall
Ryan Leonard           Contract Expiry                   Southend United
Jim Paterson           Contract Expiry                   Shamrock Rovers
Steven MacLean         Contract Expiry                   Yeovil Town
Stephane Zuber         Contract Termination              Bournemouth

LOANS

PLAYER                                 CLUB
Rory Patterson                      Linfield
Damien Johnson                      Huddersfield

I don't know where Timar (was reported to be looking for a club in Hungary) and Seip (trained with Truro City) went, I assume they are both unattached. Also released youth players Liam Head and Jordan Trott who I assume have found no club.
Jordan Trott is playing in Finland

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Argyle1886":32nnbfn4 said:
tobysFlag":32nnbfn4 said:
Scottish football is abissmal, Celtic and Rangers would be an average championship outfit.

I'd say Celtic & Rangers are premier league clubs - Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee utd Championship clubs and the rest L1 standard clubs.

The Rangers fan I work with thinks both would struggle in The Championship.

R

Rupert

Deacster":1ovpjusp said:

I would have thought that going from the bottom four in League One to the Scottish Premier League is a move of at least some note, and three of Argyle's outcasts achieved that. I'd say all of those who have found new clubs have made upwards or at least sideways moves, in terms of status. Jim Paterson is a possible exception, but he has still joined a professional club and he is likely to be playing European football at Tottenham this week. That's not a bad gig. And all of them are being paid...

The two without clubs (Timar and Seip) can afford to bide their time, I'd suggest.

As mentioned on another thread last week, Timar's last mention in the Hungarian media saw him linked with both Walsall and Vecsesi FC, a second-tier club back home.

Seip has not been mentioned in the Dutch media since he was spotted training with Heerenveen last month.