Make Block 3 singers only | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Make Block 3 singers only

Aug 24, 2005
I know this has been suggested before, but I think Saturday showed:

a. What you can achieve when all the singers are in one block.
and
b. That you can co-erce everyone in that block to stand up, and sing and chant and make noise for 90 minutes.

So why isn't it made an unwritten rule? People will quickly catch on that if you are in Block 3 then you are expected to sing for 90 minutes. After a few games everyone will know the score, and know that if they sit there not singing the are going to get some stares, and be constantly encouraged to get up and join in. And if they are bl00dy minded like me they will sit there until they are ready to sing and then join in for the rest of the game.

Two blocks would be better for the left side/right side thing, but lets start small and work our way up.

May 23, 2011
Block 3 and 4, Works perfectly! The more we win, the more people will come back = more people standing and singing!

If we culd get some flags hung up as well, it would be quality.

I have been saying this for years but its peoples choice. It works well with the back rows of block 3 and 4 standing else people get grumpy about obstructing their view.

I know with the rules in the ground now that standing is 'not allowed' but anyone buying tickets for block 3 and 4 above half way up should be warned that if you intent on sitting down then its best your buy a ticket elsewhere. The amount of times we try to get things going back there only for people to moan until stewards get us to sit kills the atmosphere.

Sep 4, 2011
Green_To_The_Bone":3mzyps63 said:
I have been saying this for years but its peoples choice. It works well with the back rows of block 3 and 4 standing else people get grumpy about obstructing their view.

I know with the rules in the ground now that standing is 'not allowed' but anyone buying tickets for block 3 and 4 above half way up should be warned that if you intent on sitting down then its best your buy a ticket elsewhere. The amount of times we try to get things going back there only for people to moan until stewards get us to sit kills the atmosphere.

i didn't see any stewards trying to make the Seagulls sit down last Saturday, but then we don't sit down at any away ground...

May 23, 2011
Slinky the Seagull":1pumcj2b said:
Green_To_The_Bone":1pumcj2b said:

i didn't see any stewards trying to make the Seagulls sit down last Saturday, but then we don't sit down at any away ground...

And thats the way it should be! I really couldnt imagine siting down at a football match. You're there to support your lads, Why travel to see them then sit down and shutup! I just dont understand! :banghead:

Slinky the Seagull":31ip18dn said:
Green_To_The_Bone":31ip18dn said:

No there was a lot of goodwill from them on sat including letting the Norwich fan move to the demport at half time. Not like that all the time. Away from home we are the same but then away everyone is there to sing and support however at home there are some very grumpy individuals who don't like being asked to stand up if they love the greens.

W

Wilfredo

mikes":vyf6cl4y said:
I know this has been suggested before, but I think Saturday showed:

a. What you can achieve when all the singers are in one block.
and
b. That you can co-erce everyone in that block to stand up, and sing and chant and make noise for 90 minutes.

So why isn't it made an unwritten rule? People will quickly catch on that if you are in Block 3 then you are expected to sing for 90 minutes. After a few games everyone will know the score, and know that if they sit there not singing the are going to get some stares, and be constantly encouraged to get up and join in. And if they are bl00dy minded like me they will sit there until they are ready to sing and then join in for the rest of the game.

Two blocks would be better for the left side/right side thing, but lets start small and work our way up.
Good idea lets make block 5 for spotty faced 16 yr olds, block 6 & 7 for the over 50's, block 8 for women only. block 9 & 10 for the consciencious objectors

G

greenscooby

I'd love to use some bad language right now but i know i'm not allowed to, Devonport IS AN ALL SINGING ALL STANDING END, i know what the rules say but in my opinion they are wrong, DEVONPORT SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAND FOR THE FULL 90 MINUTES, i was brought up in the devonport end and always left the game with a massive sore throat and had trouble speaking the following day, i've sinced moved to lyndhurst as thats were all my mates wanted to sit, but my heart belongs to DEVONPORT.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I said in a thread the other day that the pockets of chanters in the Lyndhurst chanting should re-locate to the Devonport. The most important thing for the 8th though is that only because he won't have the Brighton fans this time (well we may have a couple oyu never know) doesn't mean we shouldn't be as loud as we were! :)

Sep 4, 2011
Fergy.":1c2utp75 said:
I said in a thread the other day that the pockets of chanters in the Lyndhurst chanting should re-locate to the Devonport. The most important thing for the 8th though is that only because he won't have the Brighton fans this time (well we may have a couple oyu never know) doesn't mean we shouldn't be as loud as we were! :)

i think you will have more than you think....

we are trying to arrange coaches / minibuses..

Aug 24, 2005
Cheltenham_Green":l17dbska said:
The only problem is there are some people near the back of block 3 who don't want to stand and join in but sit there because they like the view. Sadly you'd never get block 3 for singers/standers only there's a lot of people who have been in block 3 for years who don't stand up no matter what the chant.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Slinky the Seagull":twuv8wc3 said:
Fergy.":twuv8wc3 said:

i think you will have more than you think....

we are trying to arrange coaches / minibuses..
I sure hope so and of course wear your shirts! :D

Aug 24, 2005
Cheltenham_Green":nv3ngtuk said:
The only problem is there are some people near the back of block 3 who don't want to stand and join in but sit there because they like the view. Sadly you'd never get block 3 for singers/standers only there's a lot of people who have been in block 3 for years who don't stand up no matter what the chant.
p

What did there people do on Saturday? I appreciate some people can't or don't want to stand, which is why I thought one designated block. Would these people consider moving to the edge of block 2 or 4 next year if block 3 was designated the singers block, do you think?