PASA dissolved, charities benefit | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

PASA dissolved, charities benefit

Sep 16, 2003
Leeds
twitter.com
Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere on here today (did a search and couldn't find it) but thought it was worth a thread to itself.

From this Herald article:

The Plymouth Argyle Shareholders' Association has been dissolved, after a 76-year history.

The decision was taken at an extraordinary general meeting of PASA, after the financial collapse of the former company led to Argyle ending up in administration with debts totalling £17 million.

Devon entrepreneur James Brent is now poised to complete a takeover of the Pilgrims by the middle of October.

In addition to voting to dissolve PASA, it was further agreed that association funds should be equally shared between three charities.

The St John Ambulance, St Luke's Hospice and the National Coastwatch Institution will all be beneficiaries.

:clap:

A

Anonymous

Hi Jon

Not wishing to cause a debate on this but can I ask why that in our present state the money wasn't given to the staff fund? Was this discussed / considered?

Chris

A

Anonymous

Jon_Holmes":2h60pchl said:
I don't know Chris, just saw the story - am not involved at all. Links to St John's?

Sorry mate, just assumed you were. Just seemed stranged that an Argyle related organisation would look further than the staff at this time.

M

Mr Smith

Chris Webb":185hgxf3 said:
Jon_Holmes":185hgxf3 said:
I don't know Chris, just saw the story - am not involved at all. Links to St John's?

Sorry mate, just assumed you were. Just seemed stranged that an Argyle related organisation would look further than the staff at this time.

:|

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Surprising.

St Johns Ambulance I would have understood, were they not owed money as well.
The other 2, whilst noble causes, I'm not too sure.

Oct 16, 2010
The PASA Committee made a proposal to split the remaining funds between the three charities. An alternative proposal was made from the floor to donate the money to the Staff Fund. A vote was taken, and, by a small majority, (can't remember the figures), the proposal to donate to the three charities was passed.

A

A_Proverbial_Avocado

Perhaps PASA figured that the staff are not a charity case at all, and it is about time they were paid by the business?

Feb 15, 2005
Perhaps they felt they had a choice where their money went and seems they picked some good charities, next time they may ask the TL where to spend their money!!!

A

Anonymous

A_Proverbial_Avocado":3cdubyj4 said:
Perhaps PASA figured that the staff are not a charity case at all, and it is about time they were paid by the business?

I think most of us worked that out a long time ago, thank God we didn't take that attitude, if we did, the club would have been gone by now.

G

Greenskin

A_Proverbial_Avocado":299szjqe said:

I agree with this.And presuming that the money remaining after the dissolution of PASA [and i'm not certain of this,stand to be corrected] resulted from private contributions from members of the said group,on what basis does anyone else have the right to tell,or even question,them on what should be done with it?

A

Anonymous

Plymouth Argyle Shareholders might give a clue Greeny.

Not really indignant, but very surprised, as I say, glad I turned down their offer now.

Knowing some of the members, they were probably worried about upsetting the nice Mr Stapleton.