Feeney call up (will miss Accrington game) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Feeney call up (will miss Accrington game)

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Feeney has been called up for international duty again and will miss the Accrington game. Very mixed feelings over this because in some ways we could have without the winning team change as far as confidence goes but you can't begrudge him a call up. Would he be missed that much?. Have posted some critical things about him but must admit to no longer being so sure of past opinions.

B

Benji

The most ridiculous thing about all this is, that the Prem and Championship fixtures are all postponed, even if they have only one player on International duty, whereas Div 1 and Div 2, need 3 palyers to be called up. Surely that is some form of discrimination. With the smaller clubs (like us now), suffering badly. Probably Hourihane wil be called up also. If it is OK for cancel Prem and championship then all divisions must folow suit.

We only have about 16/17 players and we could lose 2 players, but still have to fulfill a league fixture it is stupid.

Feb 21, 2011
Benji":whie9jdi said:
The most ridiculous thing about all this is, that the Prem and Championship fixtures are all postponed, even if they have only one player on International duty, whereas Div 1 and Div 2, need 3 palyers to be called up. Surely that is some form of discrimination. With the smaller clubs (like us now), suffering badly. Probably Hourihane wil be called up also. If it is OK for cancel Prem and championship then all divisions must folow suit.

We only have about 16/17 players and we could lose 2 players, but still have to fulfill a league fixture it is stupid.

Its all about the murdoch sponsored premier league mate, nothing else matters in football !!

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Don't worry guys I'm sure Accrington will miss players through international duty to :lol:

By the way when we play them are we going to hear any 'Accrington Stanley, who are they? Exactly!' chants?

B

Benji

BadBoy":ei0069wp said:
Benji":ei0069wp said:

Its all about the murdoch sponsored premier league mate, nothing else matters in football !!

It is not that at all, The four leagues should the same, and treated the same, as all the players called up for International duty, are from the four leagues, Prem and Championship fixtures are not scheduled for International dates,

C

Chill-Pil-Grim

I hate international weekends full stop. And FA Cup weekends come to that. Put's me right off kilter.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Feeney has really improved in the last few games and finally got a goal, as Fletcher says he really does put in a shift for the team. I think he will be missed.

Dec 7, 2006
Unless we get another striker in before Saturday it's going to have to either Soukouna or Lecointe up front on their own again. I'd prefer the former I think.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Fergy.":16oq331o said:
Don't worry guys I'm sure Accrington will miss players through international duty to :lol:

By the way when we play them are we going to hear any 'Accrington Stanley, who are they? Exactly!' chants?

Can pull out the history snobbery card, sure some of the 'little plymouth' conspirators may join you for irony.

But I know which club I'd place rather place money on being a league club next season. Stanley have improved their final standing in the English football structure for nine successive seasons now - something they should be proud of.

G

GreenArmy1986

what really annoys me us were lose him for this game just to sit on the bench cant we just ask nigel worthington a favour and not call him up for this one it's not like they got a chance to qualify anyway.