Brents Argyle-The First 100 Days. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brents Argyle-The First 100 Days.

A

Arch Stanton

With the news from P&A this evening that James Brent/Akkeron group are within days of completing the much anticipated takeover of PAFC, I think now is a good time to share our views of what we expect and anticipate in the first 100 days of a James Brent Argyle.

For me the following is crucial.
: Payments to staff made whether in full or at the least a fair proportion of what is owed to them.

: A Chairman and CEO appointed within a thourough and open selection process with the individuals shortlisted made public to the fanbase.

: A Manager and backroom staff appointed.

: A scouting network set up.

: Funding set aside for prospective loan deals.

: The continuation of Peter Ridsdales alliance with Marjons for the use of their excellent training facilities.

This to me should all be achievable within the first 100 days of a Brent / Akkeron Argyle.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
All that will be fine as long as Ridsdale is gone.Argyle wetre training at Marjons for at least a year before Ridsdale showed up. Something else he can lay no claim to.

N

newquaygreen

Proper pasties for sale in the ground aong with local beers only :greensmile:

May 23, 2011
Haha, just read through the first few posts, the main thing us argyle fans want from Brent is Beer And pasties... Oh i do love Argyle fans.

T

Tim Chown

pogleswoody":3by8irya said:
tobysFlag":3by8irya said:
Haha, just read through the first few posts, the main thing us argyle fans want from Brent is Beer And pasties... Oh i do love Argyle fans.

what about the buses??!! :lol:

You want free beer and pasties on the buses? Sounds good!

A

Arch Stanton

green grandad":3bo7932a said:
All that will be fine as long as Ridsdale is gone.Argyle wetre training at Marjons for at least a year before Ridsdale showed up. Something else he can lay no claim to.

I believe Ridsdale agreed a more permanent deal with Marjons than the "loose" arrangement that was in place before I think you will find.

Sep 12, 2003
Plymouth
www.pafc.co.uk
Arch Stanton":11nrn9nv said:
green grandad":11nrn9nv said:

I believe Ridsdale agreed a more permanent deal with Marjons than the "loose" arrangement that was in place before I think you will find.
correct we only used Marjons when Harpers park was in a bad way say after a very long and sustained rainy period

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Arch Stanton":26l9cn8h said:
With the news from P&A this evening that James Brent/Akkeron group are within days of completing the much anticipated takeover of PAFC, I think now is a good time to share our views of what we expect and anticipate in the first 100 days of a James Brent Argyle.

For me the following is crucial.
: Payments to staff made whether in full or at the least a fair proportion of what is owed to them.

: A Chairman and CEO appointed within a thourough and open selection process with the individuals shortlisted made public to the fanbase.

: A Manager and backroom staff appointed.

: A scouting network set up.

: Funding set aside for prospective loan deals.

I'd agree with most of that Arch except the fans being informed who was shortlisted for each role. How is JB under any obligation to tell us, how would the candidates missing out feel about their names being made public? It's Brent's business not ours, it's not a political party election. Likewise I don't agree with fans on the board as they shouldn't be privy to the financial and other decision making. If the board invite a fan to attend a meeting for some input fine but they don't need to stay for the duration.
: The continuation of Peter Ridsdales alliance with Marjons for the use of their excellent training facilities.

This to me should all be achievable within the first 100 days of a Brent / Akkeron Argyle.