Oxford (train tickets) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Oxford (train tickets)

If any London-based fans are travelling down for the match, First Great Western have single tickets each way for £4 on some trains (rather than the £21 return). Save you a few £ for some beers in the fine pubs in the city centre (given there's nothing near the stadium). I wouldn't book back before 10.30pm though as it can take a while to get back from ground to station. Had to choose between this match and Crawley due to finances so looking forward to another trip to the three-sided ground.

M

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
This will be my first game in ages. Luckily coincidence for a business trip to Abingdon that week.

Hopefully we will be riding a crest of new-owner-enthusiasm.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
You can get the quater past eleven train that will get back to Newbury if you change at Reading?

If anyone is looking for pubs then Oxford has some reasonably good ones for the discerning ale drinker, I shall probably drink in me local (the Harcourt, a Fullers pub). Oxford is pretty pricey for drink, over £3:50 a pint on average :shock: But is a good place to eat and drink anyway.

I'm intrigued about the revamped Royal Blenheim as it seems to have a good reputation these days as opposed to a run-down gay bar when I was living in Oxford. Also keep meaning to see what The Turf is like since Greene King took it over. I'll be up in Littlemore before the match though seeing a friend and his family. Might sneak into The George for a pint as that's a nice place.

M

B

bandwagon

Kevin_Dacombe":1t4wtgri said:
You can get the quater past eleven train that will get back to Newbury if you change at Reading?

If anyone is looking for pubs then Oxford has some reasonably good ones for the discerning ale drinker, I shall probably drink in me local (the Harcourt, a Fullers pub). Oxford is pretty pricey for drink, over £3:50 a pint on average :shock: But is a good place to eat and drink anyway.

Gulp!! Just had an increase for the session beers at the Tap (Otter, Bath Spa, Neep Tide etc) from £2.00 to £2.20 - don't think I'll be moving to Oxford!!

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Martin_Brock":2kv7tzve said:
I'm intrigued about the revamped Royal Blenheim as it seems to have a good reputation these days as opposed to a run-down gay bar when I was living in Oxford. Also keep meaning to see what The Turf is like since Greene King took it over. I'll be up in Littlemore before the match though seeing a friend and his family. Might sneak into The George for a pint as that's a nice place.

M

The Blenheim is now a fantastic pub for ale. It is the White Horse Brewery Tap, however the landlord although being a top guy who likes his beer is a rugby liking welshman who is very anti football. If they have the White Horse Porter on then yum!

The Turf is even worse now Greene King own it. They got thrown out of the Good Beer Guide for serving slops, and the bar staff are useless.

T

Timmy_Ra

Don't get to hardly any games these days with having a young family but can't miss this one given that I live and work in oxford! Plus its a new ground for me...bonus!