training | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

training

T

Tony Campbell

No, we did the same last year. We had full access to the facilities until the students return at the end of September.

Mar 21, 2008
Are there any grass pitches at Marjons or is it all astro? Could be manager preference and closer proximity to home park for whatever reason

Edit: just seen the above too

T

Tony Campbell

There is only one grass football pitch but they also have a grass rugby pitch. There is an artificial surface but it is not 3G, it is the old hockey style matting.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
pilgrim_pete":1sneuf7z said:
Welcome back Tony :thumbup:

Agreed Sean

Welcome back Tony, nice to see you, whatever is said many many of us thought you tried to do your best in v difficult circumstances because at heart you are a true Green.

COYGs

ps you coming to Crawley? :greensmile: I'll look out for you.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrim_pete":1h4lsj9p said:
He hasn't been away. ;)

I thought the club had come to a full time agreement with Marjons?

T

Tony Campbell

When Paul Sturrock was given his 'admin' position at the club we worked jointly on ways of improving the training facilities for Argyle. We came to the conclusion that the most expedient and cost effective way forward was to develop a working relationship with Marjons that would allow us access to their facilities.

We agreed a 'memorandum of understanding' with Marjons on the way the partnership would work to our mutual benefit and as far as I am aware this still exists and hopefully will be come to fruition. There is no doubt that the facilities at Marjon are excellent and will continue to improve in the coming years. They already have plans to build a new 3G pitch within the next 2 years and that will be of great benefit to our club.

A

Anonymous

Hi Tony, good to see you back on here.

Any chance of changing your avatar though, that 'thing' has now been expunged from our collective memories. :greensmile:

T

Tony Campbell

IJN":13s3sz67 said:

Any chance of changing your avatar though, that 'thing' has now been expunged from our collective memories. :greensmile:

Please feel free to delete it, after all you gave it to me!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I have seen argyle train at Marjons numerous times and their incredible facilities can't be doubted and its a shame we have to vacate the premises up there.

But funny how as soon as we do we get a win under our belts :scarf:

Do the players ever train on the Home Park pitch to get a taste of it, I know Sturrock brought that in when we had a poor home record and it did improve if I remember correctly.

And good to see you back Tony :)

Onwards and upwards

A

Anonymous

Tony Campbell":4xmhxzhu said:
IJN":4xmhxzhu said:

Please feel free to delete it, after all you gave it to me!

:greensmile:

Now done!!

That's far better. :lol:

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Keepitgreen":5tc7vixu said:
pilgrim_pete":5tc7vixu said:
He hasn't been away. ;)

I thought the club had come to a full time agreement with Marjons?

He was mariner !!

Seriously...thanks Tony for promptly answering a couple of e-mails of mine a few, long, long months back (before the poo really hit the fan)...and welcome back !