Thank You to Everyone that Emailed today! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Thank You to Everyone that Emailed today!

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone that emailed into Spotlight, The Herald, Vivien Pengelly and Tudor Evans over the last 24hrs.

I am delighted to say that new inbox records were set today for Spotlight, the Herald and the Council with the overwhelming majority being of a positive nature. This just shows the united power of Pasoti, email, Twitter and facebook.

Spotlight - The email surge today completely changed the dynamics of their reporting. Firstly through that alone we became the Headline item and secondly the positive emails outnumbered the negative by more than 5 to 1 at 4pm today.

Herald - Tomorrow the letters page will be full of positive letters including one from Sue Pollard. Well done Sue! Just a slight note on the Herald emails for anyone who wishes to write in the coming days - The Herald as a paper has been supportive of the Councils plans so any negativity shouldn't be aimed at the paper but at the letters opposing the buy-back.

Councillors - We have spoken to the Council and they are very grateful to the support that has been received.

James Brent has also registered his support to the efforts of the Green Army in the last 24 hours.

Apathetic Janners vs The Green Army = No contest........ ONE NIL TO THE ARGYLE............

Thanks again!

Chris

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
So who was the grumpy old git that wanted a referendum?

A

Anonymous

A penzanceprat type person I'd say.

I noticed a brass fireman's helmet in the background, not that that has anything to do with it. :greensmile:

Dec 19, 2008
oddball":20sibl54 said:
So who was the grumpy old git that wanted a referendum?

He was someone entitled to his opinion as a taxpayer.

If there was a referendum, I think we'd lose it.

A

Anonymous

How do you know he pays his taxes?

Massive assumption there matey. :greensmile:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Im just glad that my dashing prose and strength of conviction won over Viv and Tudor, who even as I type, I hear, have printed off my email and are using it as a battle cry "We must not let this man down"

And where were you all for the Twitter campaign?

Mostly no where to be seen :greensmile:

Bloody part timers.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
greengenes":bbnsihf6 said:
tonycholwell":bbnsihf6 said:
Im just glad that my dashing prose and strength of conviction won over Viv and Tudor, who even as I type, I hear, have printed off my email and are using it as a battle cry "We must not let this man down"

And where were you all for the Twitter campaign?

Mostly no where to be seen :greensmile:

Bloody part timers.

Scrumpy ?

Coffee gg, work then drive tomorrow, its a curse, but someone has to do it. :greensmile:

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
I have a spring in my step today....Chris says the Spotlight Inbox set a new record for volume....and mine was the first email read out on the prog! Well one sentence of it anyway....I am so proud and have it on i-player for posterity! :grin:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Kevin_Gollop":pazojz57 said:
Good work everyone but I can't help feeling that if I was against the purchase and read that, the repitition of the payback in ten years line would stink to high heaven of a slightly obvious email campaign.

It doesn't alter the validity of the point but it would surely have been better if the arguments could have been varied a bit more.

That said, maybe repition is what's needed to get the message through to some people; it just smacks a bit of the Englishman trying to make himself understood while on holiday abroad - say it again and again, slower and louder until the message gets through.