Crawley manager praises Fletcher and Argyle spirit | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley manager praises Fletcher and Argyle spirit

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
"I've got a lot of respect for Carl Fletcher, who's gone in as player-manager. I tried to sign him on a couple of occasions.

"Let's not mince our words - they are a big club but they need to get themselves sorted behind the scenes. We've been in a difficult position ourselves. We wish them every success in doing that.

"They've got a fantastic spirit.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
dazzy3000":1q50xg3k said:
I've got no respect for steve Evans- he is a convicted criminal

I have just taken a look at the source of all truth (wikepedia :lol: ) and I do not see anything related to your post.
What has he done?

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
I like seeing Argyle get praised by other people but when it's Steve Evans I couldn't care less, he's one of the worst men in football and considering the competition that really is saying something.

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
Cobi Budge":1ttdg4zd said:
dazzy3000":1ttdg4zd said:
I've got no respect for steve Evans- he is a convicted criminal

I have just taken a look at the source of all truth (wikepedia :lol: ) and I do not see anything related to your post.
What has he done?

Taken from wiki:

A controversial figure, whilst manager of Boston United he was successfully prosecuted for tax evasion.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I don't know him from Adam but I have the idea that he wasn't clever enough to avoid detection or rich enough to pay a firm of high-flying accountants. I'm damn sure there are plenty of other 'pillars of society' out there who have avoided paying more tax than him and got away with it. I'll even bet some have been knighted and revel in their wealthy mates addressing them as 'Sir'.

G

Greenskin

bringonthemilkman":1har81ho said:
I don't know him from Adam but I have the idea that he wasn't clever enough to avoid detection or rich enough to pay a firm of high-flying accountants. I'm damn sure there are plenty of other 'pillars of society' out there who have avoided paying more tax than him and got away with it. I'll even bet some have been knighted and revel in their wealthy mates addressing them as 'Sir'.

Exactly.You only have to look at the MP's expenses scam for confirmation of your opinion about "pillars of society" sometimes not being what they seem or profess to be.And doubtless there are quite a few high profile people higher up the football management chain who have not been averse to making a bob or two on the football black economy.Evans is probably no better or no worse than them in essence and,in the often rather sad and sordid world we live in,as you say,his biggest crime was to get caught.

Jul 29, 2010
I heard recently that due to the recent fraud convictions and the relatively low number of MP's they're now the occupation with the highest average criminality percentage.

bringonthemilkman":mwxfzfsi said:

Or avoid tax by setting up offshore in say, Gibraltar for example.

Spot on. I just see Steve Evans as a bit of a comedy figure, he storms out of his box and waves his arms about at the referee like Mr Blobby, can't take him seriously enough to really consider his background too deeply.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
I'm no Steve Evans fan by any means but given the outrage on here if an opposition manager dares to say anything remotely negative about Argyle, I really can't understand the vitriol he has got here for saying something positive.

Aug 22, 2006
X Isle":pgu3f1bx said:
I heard recently that due to the recent fraud convictions and the relatively low number of MP's they're now the occupation with the highest average criminality percentage.

bringonthemilkman":pgu3f1bx said:

Or avoid tax by setting up offshore in say, Gibraltar for example.

Spot on. I just see Steve Evans as a bit of a comedy figure, he storms out of his box and waves his arms about at the referee like Mr Blobby, can't take him seriously enough to really consider his background too deeply.

Mmmmmm, I sometimes admire the fact that you're very clever with your words, unfortunately this is flawed and you know that deep inside this guy is bad news, it's only because you seem to have a kind of affiliation to the club/area that you're almost sticking up for him. Just because he seems a bit of a comedian you can't take him too seriously? :lol: Maybe Ridsdale should tell more jokes or dress up as mr blobby.
I know someone who works for AFC Wimbledon and Evans had stewards to protect him (although in theory the stewards should have hired bouncers to protect them.) The language he was using throughout the game was absolutely atrocious, aimed at everyone and everything. Didn't come across well at all.

You're making him out to be some sort of Dellboy, completely harmless loveable kind of rogue.